Upgrade time?

John Franey

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
So I liked the G4 in the time I've had it. It's certainly not perfect, and battery life is really lackluster (Verizon?), and I'd say it's time for an upgrade.

What are devices that you'd rather have than the G4, either new, upcoming, or from 2015? I'm curious specifically about the V10 as well as some of the Samsungs, particularly for battery life. Not just mah measurement of battery, but how optimized the phone is.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I too have a G4 and if I was upgrading I'd go for the S7 (non edge). Although I like the G4 it's battery life is rubbish so I wouldn't come back to LG.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd wait for the nexus as well. I'm afraid my G4 is going to die again as I've already had 1 replacement so I've been looking at the Moto Z force and Axon. I'm on verizon and want to stay with them though so that cuts my choices down.

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for solid information on v20.
Note 7 sounds intriguing but fixed battery bugs me.
Been very happy with my g4.

Posted via the Android Central App

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Z Force if battery life is the primary concern, but I'll 2nd the '16 Nexus nomination as well. The V20 sounds promising also, but is just a bit too big for my tastes personally.

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
If I was upgrading now I'd go for the S7 non-edge, or wait for the nexus. Not sure. What's the HTC 10 like?

ackmondual

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Could you folks not consider getting a battery that's larger than the standard 3000maH size (or roughly that), or bring along a spare?

That said, I'll admit that I like paying only $170 to $300 for a phone that's "about as good as" the $600+ phones we have now, so I'm sticking with what I got for the next few years.

John Franey

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
That'd be cool, except I'm getting a max of 2-3 hours screen on time...when I'm careful. Removable batteries are great, but how many do I need to carry just to match reported Galaxy S7 numbers? The fact is that there's no optimization for battery life on LG, especially after the latest software "upgrade".

Scumperjumper

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
EXACTLY, I am definitely getting a Samsung phone when I upgrade, and you can find s7 cases anywhere now just like Apple. I feel like removable battery is kinda useless unless your phone freezes, but that's rare. And the Samsung phones have a Sd slot now. Samsung is getting really popular these days. I don't think many people even know what a g4 is. And lg doesn't really give a crap about us. Lg does have good specs and unique features, but no optimization so the battery is horrible. AND I HATE how I had to pay for another messaging app to get group messages. And the LG keyboard is kinda trash. If the s7's battery is good as they say I'm getting it.

lachando

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why there are so many negative comments about LG software and quality... It has been a great phone for me and my better half. It is the closest to a Nexus I could get at the time. Samsung software always annoyed me... I am waiting for the new Nexus.

thunderbunder16

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Add Lenovo Phab 2 Pro to another phone to watch. 6.4 inches!! I can get rid of my iPad. I've been wanting a bigger phone -- the only thing that I don't use my phone for is talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress