Phone randomly went into boot loop

apmx

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
I was using google chrome and suddenly the phone went black and into a bootloop. I am using the lg flash tool and hopefully this will recover it, but what would cause this!?

H811 TWRP, Rooted, Stock rom

The phone boots to the lg logo. restarts, then boots the the tmobile logo then goes to a black screen and is unresponsive. I guess it is not technically a boot loop, but whatever it is, what caused it and why?

apmx

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
phone now will boot to lg logo, then to android logo with spinning blue hexagon ball thing for a second then reboot to the lg logo then go to a black screen that is non responsive to any sort of input be it button or computer. I did the kdz refurbish with lgup and this is the result. any help?

JGLdn

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
The motherboard has gone. Basically your phone is finished. Either send it for repair or replacement.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The motherboard has gone. Basically your phone is finished. Either send it for repair or replacement.
This. The G4 line is known for this issue and it's hardware related, not software. If you need to back up anything, try sticking it in the freezer for about 20 min, then power it on while keeping it there. If it boots, then perform your backups before pulling it out. If that doesn't work, I've heard of some people having success heating the phone above normal temps. I'm not sure on those steps, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress