Coming from an S7 edge to the LG G5

CSOReaper

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I posted about this in another thread, but the G5 is 10 times the phone that the S7 is.

The screen is much better. I have never had a screen bleed issue period.

Wireless charging, it doesn't even work that well on the S7. You have to make sure the phone is unlocked most of the time for it to recognize it is charging.

Waterproof, yea it is ok, but how many of us actually get out phones wet? It is a nice feature to have, but definitely not a deal breaker.

I was worried as well about all the negative reviews, but they are totally unfounded. The G5 is a homerun in my opinion.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I posted about this in another thread, but the G5 is 10 times the phone that the S7 is.

Wireless charging, it doesn't even work that well on the S7. You have to make sure the phone is unlocked most of the time for it to recognize it is charging.

Some people prefer AMOLED screens. Some people like the over saturated colors. And I'm sure the wireless charging thing isn't a deal breaker for those that prefer that feature.

I own a G5, I'm with you. Just playing Devil's Advocate.

Last edited:

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a Galaxy S7 Exynos variant for a month now and it is absolutely outstanding to say the least. It honestly is the best phone I have ever used and that Is saying a lot considering that I have pretty much used them all. I sold my S7 simply cause I wanted to switch things up so I was considering the HTC 10. I even preordered it but something about the G5 just keeps calling me. When I ordered the HTC 10 it felt like it was a purchase based on impulse but ordering the G5 today felt satisfying. Can't wait till I receive it.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Waterproof, yea it is ok, but how many of us actually get out phones wet? It is a nice feature to have, but definitely not a deal breaker.

I was worried as well about all the negative reviews, but they are totally unfounded. The G5 is a homerun in my opinion.

Honestly your post is extremely bias. You try to discredit the S7 to make the G5 look "10 times better" but I highly doubt that it is.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Honestly your post is extremely bias. You try to discredit the S7 to make the G5 look "10 times better" but I highly doubt that it is.

That's fine, and it's all up to the opinion of the reader. But I think many G5 owners/appreciators will argue the opposite. Many reviews of the G5 do nothing but sing the praises of the GS7 when that's all well and good, but people that don't want a Samsung device just look at this and scoff. Some of us don't want a Samsung phone.

I'm so sick of people comparing this to the GS7. It's obvious LG is going for something else. Something different. Everyone needs to let this go. Get what you want.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
That's fine, and it's all up to the opinion of the reader. But I think many G5 owners/appreciators will argue the opposite. Many reviews of the G5 do nothing but sing the praises of the GS7 when that's all well and good, but people that don't want a Samsung device just look at this and scoff. Some of us don't want a Samsung phone.

I'm so sick of people comparing this to the GS7. It's obvious LG is going for something else. Something different. Everyone needs to let this go. Get what you want.

You shouldn't get this upset about smartphones.

It is inevitable to compare things that are in the same category. And to many reviewers and users, the GS7 has set the bar in android land for 2016, that's just what it is. That doesn't mean that it is an absolute fact but it is an opinion shared by many many ppl.

Its ok that not everyone wants a Samsung, in fact its great as we should buy what we want. But to discredit a phone to make another look better is quite low.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
You shouldn't get this upset about smartphones.

It is inevitable to compare things that are in the same category. And to many reviewers and users, the GS7 has set the bar in android land for 2016, that's just what it is. That doesn't mean that it is an absolute fact but it is an opinion shared by many many ppl.

Its ok that not everyone wants a Samsung, in fact its great as we should buy what we want. But to discredit a phone to make another look better is quite low.

A. Don't tell me what I should get upset about.

B. I know what's inevitable. I know there both smart phones. I know there gonna get compared.

What I don't get is if I can look past the Friends BS and the mods, and just look at it as a phone, why can't AC? Why can't other sites? Just judge the phone as a phone, not the crap that's surrounding it. With the 820 we've reached a point were pretty much every phone is gonna be great. Just let the G5 stand on its own, regardless of how LG presents the device.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
A. Don't tell me what I should get upset about.

B. I know what's inevitable. I know there both smart phones. I know there gonna get compared.

What I don't get is if I can look past the Friends BS and the mods, and just look at it as a phone, why can't AC? Why can't other sites? Just judge the phone as a phone, not the crap that's surrounding it. With the 820 we've reached a point were pretty much every phone is gonna be great. Just let the G5 stand on its own, regardless of how LG presents the device.

Because like you AC is entitled to their opinion and can say whatever they want. You're more than welcome to create your own site /blog and do your thing there.

Modules and friends are part of this device, I don't see why they should look past it. Its like me saying forget about touchwiz, the Samsung hardware is pretty great.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
... I didn't think this would ever happen, but now that I've read your review, I actually don't mind the G5 as much now! Glad you are happy with your phone. Happy Phone Week!

JanuarJaguar

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the great review.

All what matters is to use it happily, as long as it keeps you satisfied, OP.

Thought the hater generation would steer clear.... Still, every review (user's opinion) has to be attacked by the troll nation. Good job folks, keep on hating.

I'm actually glad for everyone who had the chance to own this device, regardless if it's a keeper or not to them. Open mind (and a little positivity) never hurts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress