LG G5 GPS Issues?

silveradept

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone!
I have had my G5 since around April of this year. In the last 2 week, more specifically in the last 10 days, my GPS does not seem to be working.
I don't know why, and it is becoming more and more of a pain. Anyone else having this issue and maybe have a solution? I am playing ingress and PoGo, but I don't think that is the reason it is failing, it is just showing no GPS in both games.
Thanks in advance.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone!
I have had my G5 since around April of this year. In the last 2 week, more specifically in the last 10 days, my GPS does not seem to be working.
I don't know why, and it is becoming more and more of a pain. Anyone else having this issue and maybe have a solution? I am playing ingress and PoGo, but I don't think that is the reason it is failing, it is just showing no GPS in both games.
Thanks in advance.

I am assuming your hasn't been turned off? If not I would suggest installing a GPS *** to check how many Satellites you are connecting to .
Something such as:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.chartcross.gpstest&hl=en&token=pUZLebi5

You should be connecting to multiple sats, quite quickly. Usually at least 7

mohammed alrahmani

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone!
Thanks in advance.

Remove the sd card and you are good to go on lg g5 (both gps signal and call signal will be settled)

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had my G5 for 3 months now and use it daily as my GPS with Waze and haven't experienced any problems whatsoever. Perhaps you had one of the earlier released units.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think is software issue. I have the same problem but every update gps works fine initially. With usage it became to have fix problem
Really don't understand what you're trying to say. As I said earlier, I've had my G5 for about 4 months now, and have never experienced any issue whatsoever!! So if it's software, why isn't everyone experiencing the same issue!!

array2000

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Really don't understand what you're trying to say. As I said earlier, I've had my G5 for about 4 months now, and have never experienced any issue whatsoever!! So if it's software, why isn't everyone experiencing the same issue!!
I've newer investigate about, but is strange that GPS works fine on clean phone and work very bad when you have much installed app. so i think that some app can clonfict them or more likely a cache problem due to incremental update. I had this problem some week after my first update. Now i've the same problem, i hope that with a clean install of nugat the problem can be fixed.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've newer investigate about, but is strange that GPS works fine on clean phone and work very bad when you have much installed app. so i think that some app can clonfict them or more likely a cache problem due to incremental update. I had this problem some week after my first update. Now i've the same problem, i hope that with a clean install of nugat the problem can be fixed.
I understand what you're saying... However I have approx 100 Apps installed, use Waze and Google Maps on a daily basis and I have yet to have any problems whatsoever. I'm running Marshmallow since day one. My G5 model # is LG-H820, what's yours? Screenshot_2016-11-21-11-00-36.png

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Here is mine
View attachment 246615
any ideas?

Very cool, looks very similar, but I suspect that you have the European G5 model, whereas mine is the North American model LG-H820. So perhaps there is some sort of bug on the Euro model. Have you contacted LG directly?? That's what I would be doing!!

By the way, that looks like Italian?! Are you in Italy?

Last edited:

array2000

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

Yes i'm in italy. The bug is very rare i've found only few users in italian forum with same bug. I'll wait nugat for fix, if nugat doesn't work i'll send then in assistance

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

It's a hardware issue.... Send it in to LG and they will fix it. It's usually the bluetooth/wifi module which also affects the GPS. It's located in the removable module.

Note: when LG fixed mine they gave me someone's beat up module. I made them send me another module. At first they wanted me to send it back but no way was I going to wait two weeks for them to swap.

array2000

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
At the end of all i can say that is an HW issue, I've sent my phone to LG with estimate repair time of one month, is my opinion that one month is a very long time for a flagship model but i hope if only it would a definitive solution.

Joshua Schlenk

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
Yep nougat update on G5 ruins battery life and also maps don't work properly at all. I hate my G5 now and will be going back to Samsung after being a dedicated LG fan for the last 5 years!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep nougat update on G5 ruins battery life and also maps don't work properly at all. I hate my G5 now and will be going back to Samsung after being a dedicated LG fan for the last 5 years!

Did you try a factory reset.. Occasionally after updates things can get flaky