Lg G5 bluetooth audio problem

pnaegele77

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Just got the LG G5 Marshmellow. I have an older car stereo with an aux port and use a bluetooth audio reciever. My other phones didnt have this problem. When I connect to the bluetooth reciever it plays music no prob but when a call comes in it will not play through the stereo it shuts music off and you have to use the ear piece. My other phones played both media and call audio know prob. Anyone no a fix. I have searched and found nothing yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Bluetooth​, select the Bluetooth receiver, and make sure Phone Audio is checked on.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got the LG G5 Marshmellow. I have an older car stereo with an aux port and use a bluetooth audio reciever. My other phones didnt have this problem. When I connect to the bluetooth reciever it plays music no prob but when a call comes in it will not play through the stereo it shuts music off and you have to use the ear piece. My other phones played both media and call audio know prob. Anyone no a fix. I have searched and found nothing yet.

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you ever get it figured out?

pnaegele77

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Well kind of. Thinking bluetooth 4.0 or 4.1 does not work with receiver must have updated equipment. Bought a earbud with bluetooth 4.0 and both media and call audio work as before had to use mono bluetooth router.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Im using an Alpine Cd head unit with bluetooth and have no issues with calls or Streaming music to the stereo. It must be that the bluetooth reciever is only a reviever and has no mic that you cant do calls on it.. My Alpine has a mic on the headliner