Where did my contacts go?

Gerrriet

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I moved from a Windows phone to an LG G5 about 3 months ago. It hasn't been a perfect time, but far from the worst. All my contacts are linked through my hotmail, facebook or gmail account. About 1 week ago ALL of them just vanished. I've been poking around on sync settings and what not, but have been unable to find any of them back.

This isn't an issue of not displaying, because when I get texts or calls from things which were my contacts now only display as their numbers - as if I've never saved their information, despite our message thread still being saved.

Strangest of all, the contacts which I didn't save to an account (email or social media) are still in my phone and saved.

Any suggestions beyond a factory reset?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Let's focus on your Google contacts first. Do you see them if you go to contacts.google.com on your computer browser? If so, go to Settings>Accounts>Google, and make sure Contacts sync is turned on.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Contacts for contacts. More/Restore contacts to restore contacts that are missing on the site (and were previously there). Remember, Phone, Device and SIM contacts don't sync, only Google contacts do.