Getting a G5, aware me of your thoughts.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
My AT&T G4 has bootlooped so many times (even after going back to LG for repair) I finally called AT&T and said give me a different phone or I'm finding a new carrier. I now have a G5 on the way. Here's the thing. I'm pretty sure this is a brand new phone they are sending. My all time favorite phone in the whole wide world was my trusty nexus 5 - made by LG funny enough. I love the clean nexus android and easy updates. Now I'm thinking I could sell this phone as new on ebay and get a 5x or 6p. I owned the 6p for a bit and really liked it but it was so huge. The pixel XL looks like the perfect compromise between the 5x and 6p as far as size but I'm not giving google that much cash for a phone. They must have been on crack when they came up with the pixel pricing. So reading this forum a bit seems like a lot of you are really happy with your G5's. If this phone does come as new I'd hate to open it and play with it to see if I like it only to get the itch for a nexus again. Any opinions?

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
as a G5 owner i would say , im not happy with this. Should've not swapped htc 10 to this, or just go with the Moto Z.
My LG, after removing the battery once, i noticed the battery module gap was a lil more loose. Mine has bad paint finish on upper right near headphone jack. I dont know with the other G5s but mine had a bad quality. Gets scratched easily too, becoz of the paint. Also the always on was very dim when u use it outside especially under the sun, very unreadable. Screen bleeding. My only gripe mostly design flaws. The only good with this one is wide angle lens and speakers. Battery is ok. "FRIENDS" are expensive. LG looks like they have abandoned modular design, as the G6 is not a module phone.
In the end, its your own decision if you want to try this phone. But for me, this will be my last LG.

jek48

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Here's a thread I posted awhile ago. I'd change my comment about the no app drawer in the launcher as LG has supplied one now (and I'm using Nova Launcher now, anyway). I'd say that it's still a little buggy overall.

Other than that, if I were having to buy a new phone today, I'd make the same choice. I'm not as happy with my phone as I was with my previous phones (Galaxy S5 and S3), but it's the best choice for me at the moment (the removable battery and SD card slot being the most important features).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g5/687022-lg-g5-owners-top-5-best-worst-things.html

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't be happier. Super fast performance. The screen is great too.

By the way, Spigen makes a great slim case for the G5. The rubberized matte finish reminds me of my old Nexus 5.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I can easily say I love my G5. I cannot put it down. I've owned it since June 3rd. I have none of the reported issues. The screen is the first one I could actually see in the bright sun.

I like having the removable battery but have never needed it.

Very happy to have SD card support and an IR blaster.

But the very best thing about this phone is the camera. Especially the wide-angle second shooter.

I like the way it looks and feels in my hand.

There are so many great phones out there to choose from its hard to decide. But that's a good thing.

My next phone will most likely be the V20. It's a G5 but better. And that's coming from a Nexus (pure android) junkie.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
as a G5 owner i would say , im not happy with this. Should've not swapped htc 10 to this, or just go with the Moto Z.
My LG, after removing the battery once, i noticed the battery module gap was a lil more loose. Mine has bad paint finish on upper right near headphone jack. I dont know with the other G5s but mine had a bad quality. Gets scratched easily too, becoz of the paint. Also the always on was very dim when u use it outside especially under the sun, very unreadable. Screen bleeding. My only gripe mostly design flaws. The only good with this one is wide angle lens and speakers. Battery is ok. "FRIENDS" are expensive. LG looks like they have abandoned modular design, as the G6 is not a module phone.
In the end, its your own decision if you want to try this phone. But for me, this will be my last LG.

What G6?