New to G5

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Just came from Sprint, switched to Big Red since as a truck driver I love the coverage. Believe it or not, I had an iPhone 7 Plus that I gave back to Sprint and I got a G5 with Verizon. I liked my iPhone, and I've used a gs7 (hate Samsung's software), but I still fondly remember my old prepaid LG Optimus F3. As far as Android goes I think LG's UI is fantastic and there's something to be said for compact, medium screen sized phones. I'm really enjoying the phone a lot. I initially picked up a V20 but I took it back a day later and got the G5. The V20 was well build but I hated the second screen and it was just way too tall. Happy with the G5, perfect size!

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea this phone is pretty sweet I think. I love the size compared to the G4, as the G5 is slightly narrower and thinner which makes it so much easier to one hand. Though I do miss a bit more screen real estate with the G4 for texting and other uses where a bigger screen helps, I will take that loss over the ease of handling the phone. This phone with Nova launcher gives me everything I need and want.

I also couldn't deal with the size of the V20......to bad they did not build the G6 like the V20 but without the 2nd screen. I would of got that if it was 5.5 or 5.3. That said, I am wondering if the G5 and V20 are going to be the last of the removable battery options going forward in cell phones?

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Yea this phone is pretty sweet I think. I love the size compared to the G4, as the G5 is slightly narrower and thinner which makes it so much easier to one hand. Though I do miss a bit more screen real estate with the G4 for texting and other uses where a bigger screen helps, I will take that loss over the ease of handling the phone. This phone with Nova launcher gives me everything I need and want.

I also couldn't deal with the size of the V20......to bad they did not build the G6 like the V20 but without the 2nd screen. I would of got that if it was 5.5 or 5.3. That said, I am wondering if the G5 and V20 are going to be the last of the removable battery options going forward in cell phones?

Well it depends on how they do their waterproofing. I'd probably bet the 6 won't have a removable battery just on that point.

Marie-Jo

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
A couple of days ago I said goodbye to my 2011 Galaxy Nexus and bought an LG G5 second-hand in top nick and with 15 months warranty for 300 dollars.

Chose it mainly for its camera, its removable battery and its still manageable size. Must say I'm impressed. Absolutely love the camera and I'm finicky on this matter. Amazed that pix taken outside with such a small sensor don't show pixelization on a full hd monitor. Love the wide-angle, some distortion in some shots but this is to be expected and so much better than panoramas.

Looks as if this new baby is going to be a pleasant companion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa