Are people nervous about getting the G6 because of boot loops on previous LGs?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Are people nervous about getting the G6 ...

So far so good with mine. Once setup i felt better. I've had it almost 2 days now and I can already say I'm loving the wide angel lens..Like really loving it.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

**** happens and knock-on-wood I've been lucky. I have no problems selling it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hesitate, maybe a little.

I've had every G model from 2-6 now.

G2 started off really good but ended up buggy

G3 was great. No real problems to mention

G4 was terrible. Bootlooped 3 times and they finally gave me a G5 to replace it.
I despise the G4

G5 we've had for about 4 months and I've honestly been quite surprised in a good way. Functionally has been on par with what you'd expect from a top tier phone. My only real gripe would be that it feels cheap.

Now the G6 wasn't even a consideration until I seen it in store yesterday. So nice! I bought it for my daughter and with the deal I got through Sprint it was really a no brainer.

The only question remaining for me is wether or not I'll upgrade my line too lol

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Hesitate, maybe a little.

I've had every G model from 2-6 now.

G2 started off really good but ended up buggy

G3 was great. No real problems to mention

G4 was terrible. Bootlooped 3 times and they finally gave me a G5 to replace it.
I despise the G4

G5 we've had for about 4 months and I've honestly been quite surprised in a good way. Functionally has been on par with what you'd expect from a top tier phone. My only real gripe would be that it feels cheap.

Now the G6 wasn't even a consideration until I seen it in store yesterday. So nice! I bought it for my daughter and with the deal I got through Sprint it was really a no brainer.

The only question remaining for me is wether or not I'll upgrade my line too lol
Of course you have to upgrade, that's a no brainer too... You deserve as much new tech love as your daughter!!

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

There are others as well. Scrolling through web pages would lock up the screen, I would get notifications of messages and then the actual message would show up 10 seconds later, a whole bunch of things. It may just be a dud, but luckily I was in the return window. It's too bad, I liked the display and the form factor.

Haven't had any trouble at all. Not going to give it another chance?

Monkyboy80

May 31, 2017
Visit site

I never had bootloops..

My G4 got the bootloop and then NOW my Google Nexus 5X (also made by LG) had a boot loop problem. Now LG is taking care of the issue but one has to be without the phone for (according to LG) minimum of 2 weeks. They do not have loaner phones and will not send you a replacement unless the phone is not repairable. Just be prepared for that. I'd assume this would be true for most manufacturers.