Just got a brand new Pixel 2 XL (April '18 build), still has blue shift

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have been lucky. My October 2018 P2 XL has not had any screen issues. Sometimes people can't hear me properly unless I am on speaker phone unless I have the phone right to my ear and speak loudly. My husband got one a few months back on Decembet 2018 build and his has no screen issues either. He loves his new phone even without the headphone jack. He uses the dongle with his Bose soundsport wired headphones but also has a Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless headset which he uses as well. He came from a Note 4 and loves the lack of bloatware. He uses the standard google apps and is happy with them. His main use is to play games on it and loves the speed and graphical quality of the phone.

I am on the P beta and enjoy using it. So overall we are happy Pixel users over here in the UK

scottspa74

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If you really like the phone, I would definitely return it and hope for a little bit better of a panel. Like Mike says, there are differences, as I too have seen some that look better than others. The great thing about Google is you have 30 days to return it so give it a week or two and see if you get used to it. If by 2 weeks you still get annoyed by the blue shift, send it back.

I used the HTC 10 for a while and the HTC 11, and even though I prefer OLED, HTC makes a really nice LCD panel. It WILL take getting used to, even if you get a better panel then the one you have now.

Good luck!

Like you and the OP, I came to the 2 xl after htc 10, and most all my previous devices were htc. I use my htc 10 from launch day until Jan 2019, it's that good, IMHO. HTCs LCD displays are gorgeous. I did try a LG v30, but couldn't stand the display and lg locked bootloader, so returned and went back to htc 10. Bought an essential ph1 as a WiFi only phone, it's LCD panel also is gorgeous. 2 xl display is doing weird things. Usually it's cold blue on the whites (which I like), but will randomly, suddenly turn warm, pinkish white. But that's not enough to detract from all the pros of this phone.

Sorry, this wasn't helpful, but it's not a Dev thread, so I figured commentary was ok.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Like you and the OP, I came to the 2 xl after htc 10, and most all my previous devices were htc. I use my htc 10 from launch day until Jan 2019, it's that good, IMHO. HTCs LCD displays are gorgeous. I did try a LG v30, but couldn't stand the display and lg locked bootloader, so returned and went back to htc 10. Bought an essential ph1 as a WiFi only phone, it's LCD panel also is gorgeous. 2 xl display is doing weird things. Usually it's cold blue on the whites (which I like), but will randomly, suddenly turn warm, pinkish white. But that's not enough to detract from all the pros of this phone.

Sorry, this wasn't helpful, but it's not a Dev thread, so I figured commentary was ok.

I actually liked the panel on the PH1 as well. Too bad I had some bad, buggy experiences with it in regards to bluetooth and cell reception that I had to return it. I still think about that phone as the one that should have been my daily driver.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos