Are people nervous about getting the G6 because of boot loops on previous LGs?

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Are people nervous about getting the G6 ...

I'm not worried. I only keep my phones for about a year. Just about every company has class action lawsuits against them. By this time next year, these phones will be only worth about $200 on the resale market.

meattray

Trusted Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Yeah not really a big deal to me. I had the G5 for awhile and it was a fine phone. Not sure if I'll pick up the g6 or not but this don't be a determining factor for me.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Not worried. Like previously stated every manufacturer has lawsuits against them. It will be fine.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

no more or less worried that samsung will have more exploding batteries. I was impressed with Jerrys G6 teardown, it looks like they really revised their manufacturing process to be more robust.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

no more or less worried that samsung will have more exploding batteries. I was impressed with Jerrys G6 teardown, it looks like they really revised their manufacturing process to be more robust.
Do you have a link?

Jeyd02

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site

They too invested into heat slim pipes to distribute heat out of phone.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

That's good to know. I have a Note 5 so I am good for now. I do like the look of the G6 though.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site

I don't like how the screen's rounded corners are a bit jagged and not perfectly smooth.

You couldn't possibly unnotice that.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I don't like how the screen's rounded corners are a bit jagged and not perfectly smooth.

You couldn't possibly unnotice that.
Aren't they made me that for when you drop your phone there is less of a chance of a broken screen?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The teardown from JerryRigEverything was awesome! LG for sure addressed the issue with the bootloop by adding heatpipes to keep the CPU cool, therefore no more bootloops. Also, the newer gen Snapdragon processors run much cooler than before. There have been no reports of the LG G5 or V20 bootlooping yet (my V20 runs perfectly fine). Also, they made sure that the battery won't explode like the Note 7. Definitely confident that this phone won't bootloop.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

The teardown from JerryRigEverything was awesome! LG for sure addressed the issue with the bootloop by adding heatpipes to keep the CPU cool, therefore no more bootloops. Also, the newer gen Snapdragon processors run much cooler than before. There have been no reports of the LG G5 or V20 bootlooping yet (my V20 runs perfectly fine). Also, they made sure that the battery won't explode like the Note 7. Definitely confident that this phone won't bootloop.
Was it because the processor was over heating or was it because it wasn't seated properly?

Last edited:

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

It wasn't that it wasnt seated, but the materials used made it susceptible to the contacts softening up and breaking free at high temps. This was the ball grid array on the main processor.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Are people nervous about getting the G6 after past LG phones had boot loop issues? I would be, especially after reading that there is a lawsuit being thrown at them.

I've personally never had a phone with a boot loop problem and so grateful about it :) So i don't have much worry about the device having any issues. I know there was a problem with the LG Nexus 5x but I'm sure LG has done a lot of work to make sure the G6 is a smash success. I mean the screen to me is the star of the show. A 5.7" inch QHD display with almost no bezels. I mean thats a win win!

With upgraded processors and the latest Android 7.x Nougat running. Hopefully we can put boot loop issues behind us :)

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

No concerns at all for me. My V10 has been spot-on reliable... no major hardware issues. A big part of the V10 bootloop has been heat build up. I just don't do enough with my phone to really warm it up that much. The hottest it gets is with driving GPS, but my phone cradle is infront of the AC vent, so it stays really cool. The other real cooker is 4K video, which I use from time to time for panoramic content. I mostly (95%) prefer to use 1080P though because it has a higher frame rate and the digital image stabilization.

There are other reasons however for me not wanting a V6.

Last edited:

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

I had a G2 with no problems (I really liked that phone), then a G4 which bootlooped after 16 months. That was followed by another replacement G4, which has been fine so far. Phones are electronic devices and any of them are subject to issues like botloops at any time. And, even though I suffered through a bootloop with the G4, I still pre-ordered a G6. So, no I am not nervous about it. If I was, I wouldn't have ordered one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress