LTE bands for Verizon version

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know which LTE bands the Verizon version will have. I am hoping it will have all of the carriers LTE bands and work on any network like an iPhone.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering the exact same thing and also to expand on that question...

If the Verizon version is a "World phone" that has most GSM bands, does Verizon lock those bands on their phones?

I know that on Verizon's iPhones, that the GSM bands are not locked... so that means if you buy a new iPhone from Verizon, that the phone is unlocked for GSM and you can pop in an AT&T or T-Mobile or any GSM sim and it will work. Or if you go traveling abroad and want to use a sim over there, you don't have to go through the hassle of having Verizon unlock the phone for international use.

Then you could save a few bucks buying a Verizon G6 than to buy one from AT&T and pop your AT&T sim into it. ;)

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
All Verizon LTE phones are GSM unlocked. That was required by the FCC when they granted Verizon their LTE bands. Now if the Verizon bands match AT&T, I don't know

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all of info. ATT's main LTE band is 17 so I am not sure about it working well with ATT. I believe LTE band 12 is T Mobiles main 700mHz LTE which the Verizon G6 is also missing.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Now that the unlocked question is answered, I just realized the next question is...

Who's got the worst carrier bloatware? AT&T or Verizon? :confused:

Sigh... when i was testing a Verizon iPhone on AT&T, you didnt have to worry about that since all iPhones dont have to deal with bloatware.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Now that the unlocked question is answered, I just realized the next question is...

Sigh... when i was testing a Verizon iPhone on AT&T, you didnt have to worry about that since all iPhones dont have to deal with bloatware.

AT&T by far.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

iPhones most definitely have "bloatware"...Am I correct on that? by that I mean pre-installed stuff you can't un-install. No one in iPhone land calls it bloatware though for whatever reason. They just stash it in a folder of unused apps and forget about it. So while it may not be carrier bloatware, its iOS bloatware. pick your poison I guess.

Not sure about ATT versus V bloat... but on V, I have been able to disable the ones I don't need so at least its not doing anything other than taking up storage space. Some of it I was able to completely un-install... facebook IIRC was one.

Most of the V bloatware though is no good. The only one I use is the data usage widget, and on occasion the My Verizon account access app. I was using their message+ app for text-ing, but the latest update doesn't work with my moto smart watch so I deactivated it too.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
iPhones most definitely have "bloatware"...Am I correct on that?

No, you're not. With iOS 10, you've had the ability to delete/disable 23 of Apple's preinstalled apps from calculator, calendar, compass, contacts, facetime to weather. Hold down an app icon until it wiggles, and press the x delete on the icon to remove it just like 3rd party apps.

As far as carrier bloatware, I don't think we should only be able to just disable them... they (AT&T) insatall a ton of their own apps as well as dumb apps that I don't need like yp yellow pages (?!) and kindle and was not originally part of stock android... so I wish they would allow us to completely uninstall them.

Actually instead of having to spend an hour to disable about two dozen apps, I'd prefer if the manufacturers tell the carriers to F.O and not allow bloatware on their phones like Apple.

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just thought if another question... if I bought a Verizon G6 and pop my At&T SIM in it... will I still get all the updates that Verizon pushes out? That's assuming we get updates like OS updates from the carrier and not from google.

AT&T by far.

Takylo

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just thought if another question... if I bought a Verizon G6 and pop my At&T SIM in it... will I still get all the updates that Verizon pushes out? That's assuming we get updates like OS updates from the carrier and not from google.

I currently own a VZ LG G6 and using the Cricket Wireless service and I can say I mostly get H+ very rare do I get LTE.

If go into the Network Mode settings I can select LTE, but I lose voice (unable to make phone call).

If I select either Global or GSM I get back voice but just get H+ for data speed

So it seems that LTE band 17 is definitely missing. The H+ speeds are descent however I would prefer LTE.

I still love my LG G6.