I have a G6 infront of me, ask away

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'll be interested to hear everyones thoughts on battery life as everyone gets more time with it.

Seems to be about average. 3.5 hours SOT for me. With quick charge this isn't a huge problem though. I have both the G6 and iPhone 7 with T-Mobile digits, so when one phone dies I just grab the other one.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Seems to be about average. 3.5 hours SOT for me. With quick charge this isn't a huge problem though. I have both the G6 and iPhone 7 with T-Mobile digits, so when one phone dies I just grab the other one.

That's a little disappointing. I was hoping for at least 5 hours SOT.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
That's a little disappointing. I was hoping for at least 5 hours SOT.

Depends on usage. I plugged mine in at 35% last night and had estimated if I ran it down I would have easily hit 5 hours. I was at 4 hours and I believe 5 minutes (not 100% sure on the exact minute).

Keep in mind the current SOT's are within the first 48 hours with the phone. It will get better after a few days.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This is amazing! Hope you're liking it! How are you faring with the lack of LED notifications? Is it something you've noticed or has the AOD fully compensated for its absence?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
This is amazing! Hope you're liking it! How are you faring with the lack of LED notifications? Is it something you've noticed or has the AOD fully compensated for its absence?

Havent missed a notification yet. The AOD is a bit dimmer than Id like (dont want to turn up the brightness due to battery) but I normally hear my phone and if I do have to walk away from it I knock on the homescreen to see if something came through. I survived many many years with an iPhone that has no AOD or LED so neither one is a big deal to me.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Havent missed a notification yet. The AOD is a bit dimmer than Id like (dont want to turn up the brightness due to battery) but I normally hear my phone and if I do have to walk away from it I knock on the homescreen to see if something came through. I survived many many years with an iPhone that has no AOD or LED so neither one is a big deal to me.

Thank you so much for answering my question!

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Somewhere on here or XDA it was tried and didn't work. Then based on the reviews for this phone it was found to be due to the display. I think it's pretty safe to say we already know. I guess I could run up to the store and grab a daydream to be sure though.

Well I least I think it will be Cardboard compatible or maybe it will use the horrible LG 360 VR lol.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
The G6 feels so small in my hand compared to my iphone 7+.

Here is a picture of my G6, S7 edge and 7+

View attachment 254943

G6 and S7 edge

View attachment 254946

So, the GS7 edge is about the same size or is it little smaller than the G6? Wow, the screen real estate looks amazing on the G6. Could you post a pic with the GS7 and G6 with screens on? I can't believe what a monster the IP7+ is until it's next to other phones. Waaaay too much bezel. They've got to trim that down.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
So, the GS7 edge is about the same size or is it little smaller than the G6? Wow, the screen real estate looks amazing on the G6. Could you post a pic with the GS7 and G6 with screens on? I can't believe what a monster the IP7+ is until it's next to other phones. Waaaay too much bezel. They've got to trim that down.

The G6 is 2mm shorter than the S7 edge. Width wise the are virtually identical.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Curious to hear how the phone has been handling heat? They showed a use of thermal paste on top of a heat pipe that takes heat away... feel it's doing it job under load? How about during wireless charging? thx.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Curious to hear how the phone has been handling heat? They showed a use of thermal paste on top of a heat pipe that takes heat away... feel it's doing it job under load? How about during wireless charging? thx.

I havent noticed any heat except when I played asphalt 8 for a while. That being said, it didnt seem like anymore heat than any other phone I use when playing that game.

I used a wireless charger last night and it was slow, really really slow. It was fully charged when I woke up but I wont be using one anywhere else but next to my bed when I go to sleep. It did have a popup saying if I place the phone vertically it would charge faster. Not sure what they mean considering my wireless pad is a round flat pad that doesnt do vertical. As far as the heat when wireless charging, I didnt notice any but honestly wasnt looking for it either.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Here is all 3 with the displays turned on....

53bf490b9febf46851f3a3098632876e.jpg