This phone is a real winner

Joe C7

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
The g6 has met all my expectstions. The feature not reported in any of the reviews is that it carries one of the best features of the moto z, ok google works when the screen is off and not charging. The camera is super in low light and is on par with my galaxy s7. Very pleased with this g6…

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
The g6 has met all my expectstions. The feature not reported in any of the reviews is that it carries one of the best features of the moto z, ok google works when the screen is off and not charging. The camera is super in low light and is on par with my galaxy s7. Very pleased with this g6…

Me dying to get hands on it as well... When launched in India
Give a small review

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it really is a good devices. The v20 works with Google now when the screen is off also though. I am digging the g6.

Feels so good in the hand I'm not going to use a case for a while. Plus I really love the Platinum colors. It pops

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm really liking mine so far, none of the "am I going to keep this or not" feelings I had when I got my V20. I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing though. I ended up loving the V20.

I'm still getting used to the smaller screen size. 5.7 on the G6 is not the same as 5.7 on the V20, but I knew that going in. The phone size is much more manageable, that's for sure. Going to give the camera a good run today. Performance appears to be quick and smooth, but haven't really put that to the test either. I did notice that apps seemed to install faster than on my V20, but they pretty much run the same.

Noticing a few issues with ffc video in some apps that is concerning, but I haven't really dug into the camera enough to tell if it's an issue or just a setting.

Overall very happy so far.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a G6 which I bought outright, and if the S8 wows me I will get it as well. If it doesn't, I'll stick with my new LG. Very exciting.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Uh... :confused:

Gs8 vs lg g6 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I don't see what the big deal is with waiting another week until both phone are live, and then comparing them head to head and making an informed decision. The G6 isn't going anywhere, and it seems silly to make such an expensive decision based on leaks and speculation.

;)

I just ordered a G6 which I bought outright, and if the S8 wows me I will get it as well. If it doesn't, I'll stick with my new LG. Very exciting.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Great to hear you like it. I believe OK Google or Assistant works that way on all phones through a setting.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Lol that's cool... I've waited this long to see the S8 press release but I kinda wanna order the G6 now too from all the good words I've read. That and I think I'm gonna go with G6 and save a few $$$ not buying the S8 and get the Note 8 at end of year if the specs end up killer... deep down I want the S-pen.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Lol that's cool... I've waited this long to see the S8 press release but I kinda wanna order the G6 now too from all the good words I've read. That and I think I'm gonna go with G6 and save a few $$$ not buying the S8 and get the Note 8 at end of year if the specs end up killer... deep down I want the S-pen.

Not a bad plan. Worst comes to worse, you have a few weeks to change your mind.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure it is. LG has nailed it. Huge improvements in design and hardware/features. If I didn't already own a V20 (which is an excellent phone) I'd get the G6.

Just one question though, how fast is the shutter/focus speed? Does it top The S7's dual pixel technology?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty