LG G6 system resever size?

A

AC Question

Ok so I recently got my LG G6 from verizon and I was looking at my storage and noticed the OS is taking up a astounding 11gb off the bat. This is up there with a barebones install of Windows. Is there something im missing? Does the OS really take 1/3 of the devices storage without updates patches ECT? Also I recently encountered the bug where android becomes untrusted i did the commands to get into the recovery menu and did a,factory reset not sure if this is relevant.

Thanks,

Dylan

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I recently got my LG G6 from verizon and I was looking at my storage and noticed the OS is taking up a astounding 11gb off the bat. This is up there with a barebones install of Windows. Is there something im missing? Does the OS really take 1/3 of the devices storage without updates patches ECT? Also I recently encountered the bug where android becomes untrusted i did the commands to get into the recovery menu and did a,factory reset not sure if this is relevant.

Thanks,

Dylan
The system partition is set aside so there's never a storage issue for updates. The last thing manufacturers would want is to push a security update but the user has to uninstall apps or delete pictures because the drive is full. The system partition is set a certain size and the user can't write to that partition.