completely over hearing about the s8 everyday.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I talk on the phone maybe 2 to 3 hours a day for my business and I never thought the s8 would be an issue. Boy was I wrong. It really is a pain just answering the phone and texting and the little things I do for work day to day with the phone. The screen is drop dead gorgeous though, but it isn't like the g6 screen sucks.
What do you mean by "it really is a pain"???

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by "it really is a pain"???

Not physically, just trying to answer the phone or hit the reply button for a text is a much farther reach and I have to keep adjusting the phone and holding it different ways. I just don't find it as efficient as the g6 in doing many task.

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Not physically, just trying to answer the phone or hit the reply button for a text is a much farther reach and I have to keep adjusting the phone and holding it different ways. I just don't find it as efficient as the g6 in doing many task.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Im reading about the failed text thing and they better get a handle on it real quick. I use Textra and have WiFi calling off so I havent been affected yet but its not good from what Im reading.

There really isnt a big difference in the camera at all, in fact I think I prefer the G6 sharpness over the flat images on the S8.

The G6 is hands down the more comfortable of the two. Im really regretting sending mine back. Dont be surprised if in a couple weeks I end up with another one lol.

I haven't heard about the failed text issue until now, wow! I too use Textra but hopefully they resolve that. But if I were to be presented with the S8 or G6, I would take the G6. I can't wait to hold it and try it out in person. Maybe I'll convince my boyfriend to buy it instead of the G4; so I can at least play with it from time to time. ;)

I do miss the LG experience. I miss the double tap to unlock feature, and I feel like I'm one of the only users out there that didn't hate the LG Skin... LOL. ;)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I haven't heard about the failed text issue until now, wow! I too use Textra but hopefully they resolve that. But if I were to be presented with the S8 or G6, I would take the G6. I can't wait to hold it and try it out in person. Maybe I'll convince my boyfriend to buy it instead of the G4; so I can at least play with it from time to time. ;)

I do miss the LG experience. I miss the double tap to unlock feature, and I feel like I'm one of the only users out there that didn't hate the LG Skin... LOL. ;)

I don't hate the LG skin.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I don't hate the skin either.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
What are the comment complaints about the LG skin? I've never had an LG, but the UI seems to looks quite nice.

Some reviewers of articles/videos I've followed sometimes say negative things. I really like it - I was just happy that the "dislike" was in the minority around these parts. :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Some reviewers of articles/videos I've followed sometimes say negative things. I really like it - I was just happy that the "dislike" was in the minority around these parts. :)

The UI on most Android phones doesn't bother me as long as they don't slow me down.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't care for skins in general but I don't hate Lg's

I really like the color scheme on the Huawei Mate 9. Guess that would be my favorite skin.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch