Visit site
:cool: In addition to "Mike Dee" reply : Tell us what happen
when long Press the home button. Do you've Nougat
installed. Did Google assistant worked before
install the..Textra launcher. Post back soon

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, checked the settings all appears to be the same settings unused to set it up initially. I just noticed that after I setup Textra, is not working

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I installed Textra, and now I have no "ok Google" functionality...anyone have a cure?

Had this issue from day 1. U have to force stop the app...under settings....then click on it to get going again. Only down side to this phone and I dont know when LG will send a fix.

biswasd

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Again... Not textra, it will work fine for 3-8times.....then just stop. Its a flaw with this phone. Which sux....bc I use it a lot. Hope lg fixes soon.

......THIS!! went through 2 G6's b/c i thought the microphone on the 1st one was defective due to Ok Google not working.....2nd one...same thing......works intermittently. not sure what the trigger is.....

not buying another one until it's fixed.....unfortunately, i'm back on my v10 now which feels like a brick after the G6.....

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
:cool: In addition to "Mike Dee" reply : Tell us what happen
when long Press the home button. Do you've Nougat
installed. Did Google assistant worked before
install the..Textra launcher. Post back soon

Google Assistant worked fine before I installed Textra, Google Assistant works when I long press the home button, it just doesn't respond to the "ok Google" voice command.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Right now my Google app is frozen. Happens all the time without reason. If I hit the Google search widget, it should open and show my last few searches....but nithing. Can't talk either. If I type something in to search....the "enter" button or search button doesn't do anything. If I long press home button...it shows it opening, but doesn't respond. Had ohone for over a month now...I would have hoped LG would have fixed...but no. Very disappointing bc I use "ok Google" quite often.

Attachments

• 6084.jpg
    6084.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 23

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Google Assistant worked fine before I installed Textra, Google Assistant works when I long press the home button, it just doesn't respond to the "ok Google" voice command.
@JAG21..ok try this: Long Press your LGg6 >>You'll see a bunch
of icons Tap the "G" Google icon and say "ok google" you'll
listen a sound n' after the app say..if you just say
something - Didn't hear what you say

Next use this command "ok Google open Android central" and will
open it for you or ask "ok Google open my Gmail" at least in
my SGs7 it works this way,.So try on & post results 🗽

Last edited:

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
@JAG21..ok try this: Long Press your LGg6 >>You'll see a bunch
of icons Tap the "G" Google icon and say "ok google" you'll
listen a sound n' after the app say..if you just say
something - Didn't hear what you say

Next use this command "ok Google open Android central" and will
open it for you or ask "ok Google open my Gmail" at least in
my SGs7 it works this way,.So try on & post results 🗽

i have a V10 (and textra) and my OK GOOGLE works half the time at best. thats why i am here hoping to find a solution. my fix has only been to go into google > settings > voice >ok google detection > delete voice model > retrain voice model > 'ok google' 'ok google' 'ok google' > restart phone > wait

hoping there is a more efficient way to use OK GOOGLE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87