Android System - Change Keyboard Notification

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm loving my new G6 and am going through my round of customizations.

Installed Gboard this morning to replace the system keyboard, but the Android system keeps notifying me to select input method.

Any idea how to get it to go away for good?

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm loving my new G6 and am going through my round of customizations.

Installed Gboard this morning to replace the system keyboard, but the Android system keeps notifying me to select input method.

Any idea how to get it to go away for good?

I think that will be ongoing.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Under settings go to language and input. If Google keyboard is already selected unselect and then reselect again as your keyboard.

Occasionally when you download a new keyboard, you follow the prompts to assign that keyboard as your main but the system doesn't pick it up.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
All it takes is two 'active' keyboards... Then you'll get the notification since the system is asking you which one you want to use. Go into the system keyboard settings and make sure only the keyboard you use is enabled and it'll go away.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
All it takes is two 'active' keyboards... Then you'll get the notification since the system is asking you which one you want to use. Go into the system keyboard settings and make sure only the keyboard you use is enabled and it'll go away.
I have 3 keyboards installed and it never asks. I have the LG, swift and Gboard.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
But do you have more than one as active

I have 2 installed, the LG and the Blackberry one, but only one active so i never get that notification

I assume they are all active. When the little keyboard icon shows up in my notification bar I can select between those 3 keyboards without any additional steps.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I assume they are all active. When the little keyboard icon shows up in my notification bar I can select between those 3 keyboards without any additional steps.
That notification is what the op is looking to eliminate. To do that, you have to disable the other keyboards.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh lol, I was expecting some invasive pop-up on screen LMAO. Well ignore literally everything I've said in this thread.

No worries!

My annoyance about that function is the stupid world icon that takes up space on the keyboard. On GBoard, it stuffs it right where the smiley (which brings up the oh so critical GIF finder as well) should be.... Not a fan. But I never switch keyboards anyhow.