Worthy successor to the O2X?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
720P display, Tegra 3. Good specs. Does the "standard" 8mp camera kill it, though? The HTC One X is the obvious direct competition. HTC put a lot of focus on the camera.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
LG has been pretty smart when it comes to the provided camera experience. Their implementation of the two stage hardware shutter button on the Optimus S is a good example.

Hopefully this new flagship Optimus will also employ a hardware shutter button combined with some form of hardware dedicated ISP. I am really hoping LG comes through in the camera department- not with megapixels (8mp is just fine), but with the overall camera experience. That combined with their track record for clean and almost non-existent UI overlays (my Optimus S UI is so close to stock it's practically a nexus), would make this phone the clear winner IMO. Even though the LG Optimus brand falls pretty far below Samsung and HTC, I am a firm believer in their ability to make a competitive top model, if not the top model, Android phone.

My other hope is also for a US variant of this phone!!!

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
As someone who is actually in love with the O2X i'd love to be able to give the 4X a try.

But LG suck at updates. I've been hacking mine for 12 months just to satisfy my needs :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums