Warning! Potential Soft Brick When Using UOT Themes

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
When you copy and paste the framework-res.apk over to system/framework you run the risk of the phone not rebooting but instead freezing where it should reboot. The only option youll have is to pull the battery. When you do youll be stuck in lg logo boot loop. ADB will not recognize the device to copy back the framework-res.apk either. I even tried using LGNPST to reflash my tot file but the device would only show as in standby mode. I used root explorer to copy the file over originally. It worked flawlessly and the freeze happened at random. So be careful and be aware that it can happen. There may be a method to get back into the phone. I did not try any of the boot loop methods I found but they may or may not work. I ended up getting a replacement.

The themes are safe in and of themselves. Its that the copying process doesnt seem to complete properly and the phone freezes during this. Its a random occurrence. So be aware there is a risk when using these themes.

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Any issue flashing the SystemUI apk from UOT? My Optimus V isn't too fond of UOT, but it could have been an issue with Go Launcher. I switched to Nemus so I'll see what happens.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
The only thing Ive noticed when pushing or plain copying the systemui apk is a force close that will require you to reboot the phone. there are one or two methods to recover from the boot loops caused by pushing a themed apk,but they are not 100% reliable.

mu mankad

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
hi curtis ,
It seems a part of the boot loop u have described is affecting my phone right
" When you do youll be stuck in lg logo boot loop. ADB will not recognize the device " ...
phone is going in a boot loop and restart loop. LG logo displays but no further and restart again ...
ADB is not recognizing the device. I hav tried unbricking using "http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-elite-rooting-roms-hacks/214686-unbricking-your-vm-sprint-elite-phone-using-official-tools-dll-bin-files.html" method. I downloaded both zips (Virgin Mobile Users and Sprint Only LS696ZVF ) the LG tool would go to 78% and issue a reboot.
Thats it phone goes into a boot loop. The tool goes further and at around 97 or 98 % the display is an erro r and IMEI error displayed.

Could you please help me out with this ??
I love this phone .. please help me bring it back to life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87