Mobile ID Issue (LG Optimus Elite)

stavvie34

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So I bought an LG Optimus Elite the other day. When prompted that the mandatory "Essentials" Mobile ID package was going to be downloaded and installed the phone showed that the download was indeed in progress. However, at around 50% or so the download would fail and retry. This loop would occur about 2 more times before it just stopped downloading the "Essentials" package all together. After a long talk with Virgin Mobile on the phone, I learned that it would take about another 4 to 6 hours for the phone to be able to work properly. I waited, and as VM said, the phone was able to download the "Essentials" Mobile ID correctly and install it.

However, upon clicking the Mobile ID application icon, and clicking "Get New ID Packs", I was prompted with a page that read, "Virgin Mobile Network Not Detected. To browse and install ID packs from Virgin Mobile you must be a Virgin Mobile Subscriber....(etc)." The page has the option to go to My Account or to go to More Info. After another long phone call with Virgin Mobile, I was instructed to take out my battery and try again, backup all my data onto an SD card, go into my private settings and do a Factory data reset. I did all of this. Upon the phone reboting I am stuck again with the problem of the "Essentials" package not being able to download.

Could anyone offer any solution to my Mobile ID problem? End result being: Install the Essentials Package; be able to install other Mobile IDs as well.

Thanks for any support, it's greatly appreciated.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
open settings applications, manage applications and find mobileID. clear apps data and reboot phone. should start update again. sounds like the app has corrupt data from the original failed download

stavvie34

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
open settings applications, manage applications and find mobileID. clear apps data and reboot phone. should start update again. sounds like the app has corrupt data from the original failed download
I erased mobileID's data and rebooted. When I opened mobile ID, it started like new and told me to go to "Get New ID Packs" to get more. I clicked it, and got the same message as before, telling me that Virgin Mobile Network Not Detected.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
hmm. last suggestion before calling VM for a replacement. go into settings and do a factory reset from the privacy menu. if that doesn't clear all data and cache that could be corrupt,then there is some network issue involving your account or the phone shipped with a faulty setup.

CharlesH1

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks, I had the same problem and this fix worked like a charm. Addendum: after I too got the "Virgin Network Not Detected" error, I rebooted and went to account activation again. Everything worked from there on in, and now I've got the so-called Essentials loaded and functioning.

Thanks again!

Jennifer Slaughter

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have tried repeatedly to get a new mobile id, but a "virgin mobile network not detected" message keeps appearing. Can anyone help me instead of waiting forever on the phone,

James Michael

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
First make sure you are not connected to wifi, then go to "settings, about phone, status then scroll to "Mobile Network Type" and make sure it says "CDMA - EvDo rev. A" (connected to 3g) make sure you have a good reception and try again. Id packs are download over the data network of virgin so it can be slow.

fastobe

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have repeatedly tried to download virgin mobile id packs ,but I continue getting a message "invalid id" . Can anyone help?

Are you trying to load over the 3G network and NOT wifi? For whatever reason, the downloads ONLY happen over the 3G network.

I do not know what ID packs you are looking for, but I have found nothing useful that cannot otherwise be downloaded through Google Play Store. Please post if this solves your problem or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress