Recovery

trapper714

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to boot into recovery mode on a LG Optimus G Pro. I've tried Vol.Up +Poewr Button at same time, power down + Power, and several other options. the Apps don't work either. I'm trying to recover the stock rom which I hope is still on the phone and was backed up when it was updated. When I bought the phone it was suppose to have JellyBean 4.1.2 on it, but it was updated to kitkat 4.4.2 I need to go back to the 4.1.2 rom..

Thanks in advance

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Necropost, but I just learned LG enough to know this one. The G Pro has no "recovery" as such, it has a factory reset if you use Volume Down+Power. If you want a real recovery you have to install CWM or TWRP. Most people seem to be running either plain CWM pr Philz, TWRP doesn't seem to be too popular with this phone. (Most ROMS are zips, though, so it wouldn't matter, unless you want to exchange backups with someone, or there's a ROM posted as a backup.) I believe there's a way to install CWM without rooting (although I can't seem to find the link again), but everything else I've seen needs the phone to be rooted to flash the recovery (and I haven't found a .tot file with just a recovery).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana