OGP is warm when using

noeltran

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded to the OGP from Note 1 and love it. The only issue I currently have with this phone is it is kind of warm after few minutes of usage. It does not get hot, just stay warm after 5 minutes of usage and getting warmer but not uncomfortable too warm yet. Does everyone have the same issue ? I suspect that I may have a bad battery since my battery only lasts around 7-8 hours with around 3 hours of screen time only. Should I go exchange for another one at AT % T store ? I have a week to decide. Thanks all.

uci2ci

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Id say do a factory reset first. See how it runs without any other software installed. Could be something in the background eating your battery and causing heat. A battery monitoring program like BetterBatteryStats might let you get to the bottom of this too

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
All phones get warm when using. my iPhone 5 would get So warm it was uncomfortable to hold. The LG doesn't feel half as warm as the iPhone 5 I had no matter how much I use it.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Just upgraded to the OGP from Note 1 and love it. The only issue I currently have with this phone is it is kind of warm after few minutes of usage. It does not get hot, just stay warm after 5 minutes of usage and getting warmer but not uncomfortable too warm yet. Does everyone have the same issue ? I suspect that I may have a bad battery since my battery only lasts around 7-8 hours with around 3 hours of screen time only. Should I go exchange for another one at AT % T store ? I have a week to decide. Thanks all.

Which UI do you like better LG or Samsung? I'm debating on which one to get...

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~

noeltran

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all, I've exchanged for a new one and while it still heat up a little bit, it is barely noticeable and much better than the previous one I had. So I am happy I did the exchange.

LadiJae, I like the Samsung Note, but this one is in another league. True HD screen, true color, wireless charging, quad core, and more. And it is cheaper too. You decide.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I do like TW a bit more than the Optimus UI, but not by much. Most likely due to the fact I have had more TW based devices than Optimus UI devices. I look forward to the GN3 and what Samsung has up their sleeves. It will have to be a serious processor, memory, features, battery and of course a 1080p display which we all know is a given. For me its the chase so by the time it rolls out I will be ready to chase it and then the hunt will be on for the OG Pro 2 :)

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Which UI do you like better LG or Samsung? I'm debating on which one to get...

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~

Jae,

I did want to mention, and you are most likely already know this, but the UI on the two phones you are looking at are really hard to compare.
TW is full of "features" and "fluff" and the LG UI is almost not there. It's more of a "light" skin over stock that tries to stay out of the way.

I can see people liking both sides of that coin. I like some of the "features" on the S4, I like everything else on the LG better (screen, minimalistic UI etc.)
The LG does have a lot of features, but they are less "in the face" type features that are TW.

Let us know what you end up with. Lots of good choices in the android world right now. I can think of 5-6 phones off the top of my head that I could be happy with.

noeltran

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Update to my OP: my phone now does not get warm at all. When I first got it, it got a little warm after running the 21 updates from play store, but now, it has been running cool since.

On another subject, I believed that AT&T store gave me a returned phone the first time, since when I got it, the phone did not ask me for these 21 updates from the play store at all and that phone's battery was pretty bad. Shame on you AT&T for lying that they never give a returned item to their customer. Beware !!!!

noeltran

May 19, 2013
Visit site
All phones get warm when using. my iPhone 5 would get So warm it was uncomfortable to hold. The LG doesn't feel half as warm as the iPhone 5 I had no matter how much I use it.

My wife is currently using iphone 5 and that phone never gets warm. It is her main use and she is on it all day. You must have a faulty iphone 5. My previous phone was a Note 1 and again, that phone always run cool to the touch. Your theory of all phones get warm is not true.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
play a game on it for 20 minutes and try again. phones dont get too overly warm texting. kick in the graphics chip and its impossible that the phone wont get warm. I have had 3 iphone 5's. they do get warm gaming.
and take it out of the case. I never used cases. you cant feel the heat if you have an otter covering the phone.