Zerolemon 9300mah extended battery review

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I decided to do a review on this battery simply because the reviews that I have been reading on this are from guys that don't appear to use there phone a lot. They always claim that there a '' heavy user'', but then they have like 54 hours with four hours screen time! Really? If they are what is called heavy user then I would like to say that I am a habitual user! I use my phone a lot. A whole lot. I'm the guy you see on his phone all the time. Whether it's surfing the Web, or watching YouTube videos, or on xbmc. So I wanted to see how this battery would stand up to habitual use with none of the battery saving things going on like putting the screen brightness at 40 percent or stopping all your push notifications. Everything was running, used Bluetooth all the time. Used my phone as my Gps device, streamed music, surfed, texted, and watched a lot of video. Here is my take.

When I read that the battery made the phone real heavy, like a brick, I was skeptical. I mean the G Pro comes very light, what is a couple of extra batteries going to do right? Wrong! It makes it quite heavy. But really, though it's adding another 8ounces to a phone that weighs about six, which puts it at about 16 Oz. Which is roughly a pound. It's one pound. That might be heavy for a phone, but c'mon , it's a pound! If a pound is heavy for you then I suggest you run to your local fitness center, and get a membership.

The case is really nice and snug. I've read that they had to redo the case because folks were claiming it was too loose. They have fixed that problem. It's actually hard to get off now, which I think is a good thing. It's not going to protect your screen or anything like that, but it wasn't designed to either.

Now on to the battery life. Below are pics of what I got on one charge. I will say this however, I noticed that whatever the percentage says your phone has, if you put it down for about a half hour, you'll gain about five or six percent. It did that to me all day long. I'm not sure if the phone is reading it incorrectly or if it is self charging, either way it extended the life. Notice I still had 12 percent left. Everytime I put my phone down for a while , it jumped up to 19 percent. It did that five times toward the end of the battery life.

In closing, I just wanted a battery that would last an entire day. From the moment I unplugged it, to the time I re-plug it back in before bed. I have found such a battery. I never find myself in a situation where I can't charge my phone, so having three or four days battery life is not a must for me. If I'm camping, I have my car charger. Every where else, I have a wall charger. As long as it last ALL day doing everything I want to do. So for me, this battery is a win!

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1379442158826.jpg
    1379442158826.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 1379442169307.jpg
    1379442169307.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 49

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I decided to do a review on this battery simply because the reviews that I have been reading on this are from guys that don't appear to use there phone a lot. They always claim that there a '' heavy user'', but then they have like 54 hours with four hours screen time! Really? If they are what is called heavy user then I would like to say that I am a habitual user! I use my phone a lot. A whole lot. I'm the guy you see on his phone all the time. Whether it's surfing the Web, or watching YouTube videos, or on xbmc. So I wanted to see how this battery would stand up to habitual use with none of the battery saving things going on like putting the screen brightness at 40 percent or stopping all your push notifications. Everything was running, used Bluetooth all the time. Used my phone as my Gps device, streamed music, surfed, texted, and watched a lot of video. Here is my take.

When I read that the battery made the phone real heavy, like a brick, I was skeptical. I mean the G Pro comes very light, what is a couple of extra batteries going to do right? Wrong! It makes it quite heavy. But really, though it's adding another 8ounces to a phone that weighs about six, which puts it at about 16 Oz. Which is roughly a pound. It's one pound. That might be heavy for a phone, but c'mon , it's a pound! If a pound is heavy for you then I suggest you run to your local fitness center, and get a membership.

The case is really nice and snug. I've read that they had to redo the case because folks were claiming it was too loose. They have fixed that problem. It's actually hard to get off now, which I think is a good thing. It's not going to protect your screen or anything like that, but it wasn't designed to either.

Now on to the battery life. Below are pics of what I got on one charge. I will say this however, I noticed that whatever the percentage says your phone has, if you put it down for about a half hour, you'll gain about five or six percent. It did that to me all day long. I'm not sure if the phone is reading it incorrectly or if it is self charging, either way it extended the life. Notice I still had 12 percent left. Everytime I put my phone down for a while , it jumped up to 19 percent. It did that five times toward the end of the battery life.

In closing, I just wanted a battery that would last an entire day. From the moment I unplugged it, to the time I re-plug it back in before bed. I have found such a battery. I never find myself in a situation where I can't charge my phone, so having three or four days battery life is not a must for me. If I'm camping, I have my car charger. Every where else, I have a wall charger. As long as it last ALL day doing everything I want to do. So for me, this battery is a win!

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

A remarkable battery that fits any Android-based gadget. I used for Sony and HTC, obtaining similar performances. On Samsung, it seems it lasts more, up to 10% comparing with my previous experiences

Totan18

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

Can anyone tell me about the performance of this battery after several months of use?

I read some commets that tells that the battery does not work well after some months of use...

I want to buy a battery but need to know this...
Thank you!

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I went through several of these phones, they make excellent phones for kids or just a backup device.

The user interface is excellently designed. Much better than never Samsung S8, V30, Note 4, etc. Very simple to use and has everything you need.

The ZeroLemon battery is most excellent.

A highly recommended device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryricherd