LG Optimus G: Phone died and won't charge and turn back on. help?

illyana66

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
i have an lg optimus g
i havent had this problem before
my phone isnt even a year old yet.
my phone died and shut off. now its not charging. ive tried charging it on my charger, other phone chargers, through the computer, a kindle charger, but nothing is working. the charging light isnt showing at all. ive just left it on the charger for now but nothing is happening...

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone died and wont charge and turn back on. help?

Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, that doesn't sound good. It sounds like the battery might have failed, although it could also be an even worse problem with the motherboard. Your best bet is to take it to a cellphone repair shop, unless your phone is still under warranty, in which case you should contact LG.

If you're adventurous, you could try to replace the battery yourself:

LG Optimus G Battery Replacement Guide - YouTube

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone died and wont charge and turn back on. help?

i have an lg optimus g
i havent had this problem before
my phone isnt even a year old yet.
my phone died and shut off. now its not charging. ive tried charging it on my charger, other phone chargers, through the computer, a kindle charger, but nothing is working. the charging light isnt showing at all. ive just left it on the charger for now but nothing is happening...

Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried a different cable as well?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Nandor Csonka

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus G Pro and it is almost a year old. I was having the same problems with the charge so I bought a new replacement battery for it. I have been putting the phone on 3 or 4 different chargers and I still can't get the phone to charge any more then 40%. Most of the time I am losing charge % even while it is on the charger. Do you think it is a Hardware issue?

Austin Hillman

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: SOLVED! LG Optimus G: Phone died and won't charge and turn back on. help?

I'm aware that this is an old thread, but today I faced the same issue after coming across my old LG phone, and after searching, found this thread.
BUT, I have a solution to this issue! All I had to do was remove the battery from the phone and plug the charger into the phone with the battery still removed. Once I did that, my phone instantly responded and although it wasn't holding a charge (the battery was still removed) The charging indication did light up and blink. I unplugged the charger, inserted the battery again, plugged the charger back into the phone, and what do ya know, it started charging right away and successfully powered on after just a few minutes of charging!

Again, I know this is an old thread, but I figured I would post the solution for those like me who may come searching months or even years down the road (like myself) for a fix to their issue.

Arieas

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks for posting. Had this happen with my LG G4 815 this morning, and this post saved me a great deal of frustration.

Naranjadel Oeste

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

To Austin Hillman: Oh my goodness! This immediately worked for me! I came here because I just experienced the same exact problem, and you really did have the solution. Thanks so much for sharing!

Last edited:

AnnMMoz

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I tried both my kindle charger and the one that came with the phone, took out the battery, put in the battery, nothing is happening when I try just having the phone plugged in with no battery either. saw a thread suggesting maybe the phone or battery got wet but I don't seem to have a bit of paper in my phone, much less one that turned purple or pink. Had the phone for about 4 years, with no problems until today when it just didn't come on. (died in it's sleep? it was sitting quietly on my desk, didn't fall, didn't get wet...) ?

Lisa Taylor5

May 22, 2016
Visit site

OMG..Thank you so much! I had my phone plugged up to at least 4 different chargers for my phone and tried my car charger and nothing worked. I tried your method and INSTANTLY it started charging! Thank you for your solution!!

googooleboo

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site

So glad that I found this! I just thought I had accidentally let my battery run down, but nothing was happening even a few hours after charging (and knowing that my charger worked). I did what you said and it came back on with my batter 100% charged! THANK YOU! :)

Tiffany Lynn C

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
This post was SO helpful!! If you too are experiencing bad charging issues like the story above you should try this way! It worked for my phone when i accidently let it die completely and the next morning it was not charging. Found this post , tried it and its charging !

K_Love22

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site

I'm aware that this is an old thread, but today I faced the same issue after coming across my old LG phone, and after searching, found this thread.
BUT, I have a solution to this issue! All I had to do was remove the battery from the phone and plug the charger into the phone with the battery still removed. Once I did that, my phone instantly responded and although it wasn't holding a charge (the battery was still removed) The charging indication did light up and blink. I unplugged the charger, inserted the battery again, plugged the charger back into the phone, and what do ya know, it started charging right away and successfully powered on after just a few minutes of charging!

Again, I know this is an old thread, but I figured I would post the solution for those like me who may come searching months or even years down the road (like myself) for a fix to their issue.

You sir, are a life saver!! Lol. I've been having this problem with my phone & came across this thread while searching for a solution, and I'm so glad I did. What you suggested totally worked right away! I'm just so excited and can't believe it actually worked. Thank you :)

Kathycole75

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site

Thanks. ...this was a life saver today with my daughter's phone. THANK YOU!!!! The phone came on instantly after doing the suggestion you posted.

teresalynn209

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

Oh my gosh...thank you thank you thank you..i panicked and almost drove all the way to town to buy a new phone...i did this and it worked. . .wow..thank you so much :)

prasanth crajan

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site

Thanks a lot , it really helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty