Can't Get To Fastboot

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I've tried and tried and tried. I've held both volumes+power, up volume+power, down volume+power. Nothing seems to work. The LG logo pops up, and the phone just turns on. Can anyone help?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
ADB is your answer. Download the Android SDK (and if you're on windows the device drivers for your phone). Launch a command line to the sdk directory platform-tools. Plug your phone in with usb debugging enabled and type "adb devices". Make sure your device is there, if not reinstall your drivers and restart the phone, try again. When you get it to work, type the command "adb reboot bootloader". You can navigate from there to wherever you want to go. "adb reboot recovery" is also useful.

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
ADB is your answer. Download the Android SDK (and if you're on windows the device drivers for your phone). Launch a command line to the sdk directory platform-tools. Plug your phone in with usb debugging enabled and type "adb devices". Make sure your device is there, if not reinstall your drivers and restart the phone, try again. When you get it to work, type the command "adb reboot bootloader". You can navigate from there to wherever you want to go. "adb reboot recovery" is also useful.

Two questions, as I've never rooted before (I bought this rooted LGOG), and I'm not as tech-smart as I'd like to be (yet).

"Launch a command line to the sdk directory platform-tools." How do I do this?

"adb reboot recovery" Is this an app?
Thanks for your help.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
adb is a command you execute on your computer with your phone plugged in. Think of adb as the interface between your computer and handset. Go to developer.android.com and download/install the sdk for your computer, then download/install the LG drivers if you're on Windows. What computer operating system are you running?
After you have done that reply here (I'm subscribed) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I finally got it. Turns out I needed to hold it just a fraction of a second longer. Thanks anyway!

likwidkool

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If your rooted you could try rom toolbox pro. It can do fastboot or reboot into recovery.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Nate0425

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey man tried thru ADB but all it does is reboot the phone i can get into the Recovery but i can not get into the Bootloader..any ideas

emwhalen

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm terribly sorry to necro this, but I'd rather do that than start a new thread.

I have root access to my LS970, I have installed the Android SDK on my laptop, and I can see my LS970 in a command terminal as an ADB device, but I cannot get it to boot into fastboot. I've tried command lines, but all that does is reboot the phone normally. OP says he got it to work somehow but didn't clearly explain precisely how. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

kamden richmond

May 30, 2019
Visit site

Scott. This is a 6 year old thread but im hoping i get a response from you. So i have this LG K3 (LS450)from boost mobile. It has the same problem as what he mentioned. However i do have a little knowledge in this field but yet im still here. I have tried eveything i can think of to enter fastboot so i can unlock my bootloader to root my device. However nothing works. Command does work when hooked up to my laptop and minimal adb and fastboot command window doesnt work either. when opening both as admin i proceed with (adb devices). the reply is my lg k3 and its serial number saying its recognized. from there i proceed with adb reload bootloader and it just restarts the phone. of course LG wont help me neither will boost mobile. If you can get the time please reply. ive searched the internet for a solid week trying to figure out the problem.

legend maker

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
adb is a command you execute on your computer with your phone plugged in. Think of adb as the interface between your computer and handset. Go to developer.android.com and download/install the sdk for your computer, then download/install the LG drivers if you're on Windows. What computer operating system are you running?
After you have done that reply here (I'm subscribed) and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I have a lg stylo 4 and i cant get it into fastboot mode