LG Optimus L - another Q about using phone abroad?

missmouse3

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a LG L3 E430, not very experienced with this type of phone yet. Im going to Thailand soon & was thinking of some way to reduce charges. One way I thought was to buy a local PAYG sim but then nobody would know my number - is it possible to set up call divert using my existing sim ( talkmobile) to the local sim's number thus allowing anyone in UK to contact me but thereby bypassing my ( no doubt while roaming very expensive) Talkmobile account?
Hope you can understand!:confused:

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a LG L3 E430, not very experienced with this type of phone yet. Im going to Thailand soon & was thinking of some way to reduce charges. One way I thought was to buy a local PAYG sim but then nobody would know my number - is it possible to set up call divert using my existing sim ( talkmobile) to the local sim's number thus allowing anyone in UK to contact me but thereby bypassing my ( no doubt while roaming very expensive) Talkmobile account?
Hope you can understand!:confused:

If you download an app called viber and set it up with your phone number you can change your number as much as you want and it will always stay the same on viber. You can even easley make/receive calls without a sim card in, you will need WiFi to do this as viber is a VoIP.

Note (those who you phone and those that phone you will also need to download the app)