1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Custom Modded Battery 1500 + 3600 mAh = 5100 mAh

I took the Chinese made 3600 mAh extended cell battery and removed its control board and hot wired the Lithium Ion cells to the control board and cell contacts of the stock 1500 mAh Optimus S battery from Sprint. Not having a back for it, it sits suspended in 3M Scotch Tape on the back of my phone, adds a considerable amount of heft and I must say it's quite comfortable to hold. Plus the satisfaction of knowing 2 to 3 full days of superusage goes without a problem on this battery's duration. Want to know how to make one? Let me know, I'll post a reply with detailed picture instructions. Cost me $13 dollars to make, bought the battery on eBay.com and I couldn't be happier. It only takes an extra 60-90 minutes to charge. Hope you gents enjoyed my little creation. It was a tough project making sure not to short anything together. Questions? Reply

Oh BTW this can easily take 768 MHz overclocked on Reborn ROM v2.2.4 w/ full LCD brightness, long time out, etc. and still last for over two days........
    Last edited by BZOptimusS; 09-24-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: had to insert pics.

ROM
    IDK it changes...

Default Re: Custom Modded Battery 1500 + 3600 mAh = 5100 mAh

search x2 3600mah optimus s batteries, same but battery pack is smaller than that one you bought, dare you to mod those together
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Ooh! Now all we have to do is start a thread to figure out which ROM squeezes the most out of it.

It looks like a little cargo ship sitting there. The geek in me applauds you, but it does not seem very practical for anything but testing purposes or maybe a dedicated car phone. With that kind of weight added, how do you keep it from just falling out randomly? Scotch tape?

Would a transformer that puts out more mAh than the stock one cut down on the charge time?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I actually took a switching power supply from a USB hub that delivers 2500 mAh @ 5.1 VDC as opposed to Optimus' stock 700 mAh charger. It works very well. I soldered a USB standard connector to a 6 foot 16 gage cord on the power supply, no bigger than the stock one itself (form factor of case) charges blazingly fast, even lightning charges iPads. (Tested my brother in laws) Also, the battery is VERY useful for when out and about all day. Believe it or don't it adds to the comfort of holding the phone, the battery actually acts as an ergonomic grip source when texting, and acts as a great shoulder prop when talking (For those without Bluetooths blessings ATM) Oh and no, the phone battery pops in and stays, if you drop it (with no adhesive holding it in) then it blows out. But overall it is epic. To seal the deal I wanna get a custom label to print around it.

Thumbs up Re: Custom Modded Battery 1500 + 3600 mAh = 5100 mAh

LOL... Great Idea, but being a noob, I am having a hard enough time (finishing my recovery from bricking my phone....I'm a computer tech not a phone tech...lol) I think I'll leave this one alone. Good work tho.

This is just awesome! Did you make a cover for it at all?