ZeroLemon extended battery review

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I got 2, one is a 8500 mAh battery and the other is a 6300 mAh cell. I got the second one, mistakenly thinking it would be a bit smaller and the case is exactly the same size. Just the cell inside is smaller. So now I am stuck with 2 bricks. Which is cool.

The runtime has been a surprise. I have ran ZeroLemon extended batteries for years but never got that good of a runtime. Maybe 20 hours at most on Note 4, LG V10, etc.

On this one, with S8+, you have 10 hours of runtime off the stock 3500 mAh cell - which is completely underpowered for such a powerful device and then another 25-30 hours off the extended battery. So you are looking at 36-40 hours of runtime off these 2 batteries. The phone slides into the external battery case.

When your primary battery depletes, you push the button and the external battery starts charging the primary battery. You have about 2 full charges on the smaller 6300 mAh and about 3 full charges on the larger 8500 mAh cell.

The really neat thing is that you can charge the external battery while it's removed from the phone. You can instantly swap the ZL batteries, or charge the phone itself separately.

The downside of course is the phone itself is as thick as a deck of cards. The upside to that is, it's much easier to hold. The S8+ is slippery as a piece of ice. It's very easy to drop it.