ARCHIVED: [ROM] - 11/6 - CleanROM 2.2 - Fast, Stable, Clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Sprint Stock ROM. I removed all of the Sprint bloatware and made some minor changes under the hood. I am using the picasticks-07 kernel for overclocking. The ROM defaults to a safe 748MHZ but can be pushed as far as 846MHZ. You can change the clock speed to your liking with a program like SetCPU. You can also use this or similiar programs to return to the stock speed of 600MHZ and still benefit from the improved kernel. I have added an updated HOSTS file for ad blocking purposes. The only added apps are Hotspot Widget and Quick Boot (Reboot). Other than that its a pretty pure Android ROM.

ROM is deodex and all apps are up to date as of 11/6/2011

Enjoy!

Features
  • Working Hotspot Functionality with Hostspot Widget
  • Latest version of all apps Inluding Android Market and Google Music
  • Circle Battery Mod
  • Reboot App
  • 156 Megs of free Internal Storage for apps
  • Ad Blocking via HOST file
  • Removed All Sprint Bloatware
  • Picasticks Overclocking Kernel safely clocked at 748MHZ
  • Visual VoiceMail
  • Swype

Changes in this version - 11/6/2011
  • Added: More Performance and Battery Tweaks
  • Added: App Widget Picker
  • Added: Evo 3D Ringtones
  • Updated: Market 3.3.11
  • Updated: Maps 5.11.0
  • Updated: Gmail 2.3.5.2
  • Updated: YouTube 2.2.16
  • Updated: Launcher
  • Updated: Superuser 3.0.6
  • Removed: Google Music
  • Removed: USB Debug Notification

optimus-clean-2.2.png

Last edited:

manny29

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Nice I'm goin to use this on my wife's. Phone so she can have fun and is it able to be themed

And also are we able to move apps to sd

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Nice I'm goin to use this on my wife's. Phone so she can have fun and is it able to be themed

And also are we able to move apps to sd

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you can use the themes that are listed in this forum and on SDX Developers and possibly some of the themes on XDA Developers (although I have not tested any themes on XDA Developers yet). Here is the thread I grabbed some themes out of and tested: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...8825-themes-download-request-themes-here.html I have not tested them all but if one or two worked they should all work.

As far as Apps to SD, its native in Froyo therefore I made no changed to the OS in regards.

Last edited:

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you can use the themes that are listed in this forum and on SDX Developers and possibly some of the themes on XDA Developers (although I have not tested any themes on XDA Developers yet). Here is the thread I grabbed some themes out of and tested: http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...8825-themes-download-request-themes-here.html I have not tested them all but if one or two worked they should all work.

As far as Apps to SD, its native in Froyo there I made no changed to the OS in regards.

I'm pretty sure the themes we have listed in the Theme_Team thread will cause a boot loop with this rom because we have included the services.jar from Reborn, but anyone is welcome to try them.

*****MAKE A NANDROID FIRST*****

****EDIT**** -- I just tested one and yep they boot loop -- DON'T FLASH Theme_Team themes on anything but Reborn ROM. At least for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: scrosler

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Nice, an alternative to kinda fill the void between shellROM and rebornROM. Nice to have something like this. May try this soon. I am out of town at the moment.

Magicman08

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely download this and check it out, so far between the most recent ROMS available on here scott pilgrims, aosp, reborn, and slideROM; I like The Scott Pilgrim ROM (CM7 Gingerbread, Zefie Edition) (Current: 04282011).

So this should be fun to run it for a day or two and check it out. Most importantly as of now, everything works! (ttbomk)

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the themes we have listed in the Theme_Team thread will cause a boot loop with this rom because we have included the services.jar from Reborn, but anyone is welcome to try them.

*****MAKE A NANDROID FIRST*****

****EDIT**** -- I just tested one and yep they boot loop -- DON'T FLASH Theme_Team themes on anything but Reborn ROM. At least for now.

Thanks for the heads up. I will update OP with this info.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Question, and this is just me being picky: why did you link to a rooting thread outside of Android Central when we have our own rooting thread as well as a one-click utility?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Question, and this is just me being picky: why did you link to a rooting thread outside of Android Central when we have our own rooting thread as well as a one-click utility?
Because I like that rooting method better, it doesnt require a PC. But in the spirit of keeping this an android central centric post I have modified the OP to reflect using your method of root. Great method by the way.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Because I like that rooting method better, it doesnt require a PC. But in the spirit of keeping this an android central centric post I have modified the OP to reflect using your method of root. Great method by the way.

Not needing a computer is nice but honestly I think just about everyone has a computer these days. And thanks!

Just a suggestion, you should also link to the manual method as well. We're all about choices here :)

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Not needing a computer is nice but honestly I think just about everyone has a computer these days. And thanks!

Just a suggestion, you should also link to the manual method as well. We're all about choices here :)

I agree with your statement about everyone having a PC but.. I simply said that I liked the method better because it didn't require PC. I never inferred users wouldn't have a PC. I think that you are believing that was my inference.

I appreciate all your suggestions. If you would like to continue this discussion or have any more suggestions could you please PM with them instead of making your critique of my post a public discussion?

Thanks!

kenn

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
How does the overall speed of this ROM compare to stock? I'm basically looking for a ROM for my wife and daughter's phone that doesn't stray far from stock. Basically, remove bloatware, free up some memory, and speed things up a bit. It seems this ROM is ideal for what I'm looking for and wondered about how much internal storage is freed up along with performance improvements...

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree with your statement about everyone having a PC but.. I simply said that I liked the method better because it didn't require PC. I never inferred users wouldn't have a PC. I think that you are believing that was my inference.

I appreciate all your suggestions. If you would like to continue this discussion or have any more suggestions could you please PM with them instead of making your critique of my post a public discussion?

Thanks!

I wasn't trying to critique your post in any negative way, just trying to help make it better. Yes I will PM you for further suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.