ARCHIVED: [ROM] - 11/6 - sROM 1.2 - Beauty and Performance Redefined!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
sROM was created to be a fast, reliable and aesthetically appealing.

I started off with a stock Sprint ROM and removed all of the bloatware and made some minor changes under the hood. I am using the picasticks-07 kernel for overclocking. The ROM defaults to a safe 748MHZ but can be pushed as far as 846MHZ. You can use No Fills CPU (included) to return to the stock speed of 600MHZ and still benefit from the improved kernel. Going beyond the default 748MHZ is at your own risk! Additional apps, keyboard, ringtones, alert and alarm notifications have been added. The pre-installed apps can be removed through settings. The ROM defaults to a blank launcher and Swype Keyoard. You can add the included SenseClock via the Widgets menu from the launchers ?Add to Home Screen? menu.

ROM is deodex and all apps are up to date as of 11/6/2011

Enjoy!

Features
  • Custom Black and Silver theme
  • Working Hotspot Functionality with Hostspot Widget
  • Latest version of all apps
  • Reboot App
  • 151 Megs of free Internal Storage for apps
  • Ad Blocking via HOST file
  • Removed All Sprint Bloatware
  • Picasticks Overclocking Kernel safely clocked at 748MHZ
  • Visual VoiceMail
  • Swype

Changes in this version - 11/6/2011
  • Added: More Performance and Battery Tweaks
  • Added: App Widget Picker
  • Updated: Market 3.3.11
  • Updated: Maps 5.11.0
  • Updated: Gmail 2.3.5.2
  • Updated: YouTube 2.2.16
  • Updated: Launcher
  • Updated: Superuser 3.0.6
  • Removed: Google Music
  • Removed: USB Debug Notification
  • Removed: Gingerbread Keyboard

optimus-srom-1.2.png

Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - sROM 1.0 - 7/29/2011 - Speed, Style and Functionality

Cool! Something else to play with. Looks good! Will give it a try when I have the chance. :)

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Love the new boot animation. So far everything is running nice and smooth

Did you happen to notice right before the big boot animation that there is a little LG animation? That LG animation is from the stock Euro Gingerbread ROMS for the Optimus. That little one blew me away!

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Did you happen to notice right before the big boot animation that there is a little LG animation? That LG animation is from the stock Euro Gingerbread ROMS for the Optimus. That little one blew me away!

Yeah I did! that was a nice touch as well!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

If services.jar wasn't changed (other than text color) , the shell Rom themes should work.
Good to know. But yeah, services.jar was changed but only for text color. So they should work then. I'll double test them tonight but they just relased S-OFF for Evo 3D.... So you know what I will be doing all weekend!

WOOOOOOOOOOT!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I see it says compatible custom recovery so will Thunderc work?
It SHOULD be. Been tested with Xiona and amonRA. Can you flash any other current ROM on this forum (CleanROM, ShellROM, etc)? If so you can flash this ROM. It uses amend scripting.

So any ideas why my headset won't connect? Could it be because of the overclocking?

Not sure, I will take a look at it tonight. If anyone else reading this can test B/T that would be great!

How can I keep all the apps data?
Can you further elaborate on what your question? You want to keep your current ROM /Data/App folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.