Questions about NANDOID backup using: xionia/reborn

09_nightrider

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I am new to rooting, roms, recovery, etc....
been reading a ton, getting answers as I do... but with each answer I seem to find more questions.

I tried rooting with gingersnap & gingerbreak, not sure which actually worked, but I'm rooted.
Then I did the Xionia recovery... moved on to reborn rom.

kept seing a lot of post about nandroid backup & restore, for playing with custom roms and having a fall back spot...

Several google/ACForum/ and other forums searches...
I ended up reading something that sounded familiar, so I jumped...

ended up getting TiTanium Backup, rom manager, AnReboot, & root checker from the market, with another search it brought me back here to the sticky about rom mananger bricking our phones...
No wonder why it seemed familiar ;)

So, my questions are pointed towards how to fix this specifically?
I still don't have a NANDROID option in recovery, and haven't bricked my phone yet.

I deleted rom manager, but my recovery screen stills clockworks and the font is orange.(not blue like before)

Any sugestions, can I re-install xionia? easier method?

thanx a ton guys, been a lurker for a while, trying to get a clue!

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
you need Blue clockwork recovery. The Xionia one. You might have the wrong one. The rom manager instled recovery will not flash our roms Nanfroid is the backup/restore option in recovery.

Reactions: 09_nightrider

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I am new to rooting, roms, recovery, etc....
been reading a ton, getting answers as I do... but with each answer I seem to find more questions.

I tried rooting with gingersnap & gingerbreak, not sure which actually worked, but I'm rooted.
Then I did the Xionia recovery... moved on to reborn rom.

kept seing a lot of post about nandroid backup & restore, for playing with custom roms and having a fall back spot...

Several google/ACForum/ and other forums searches...
I ended up reading something that sounded familiar, so I jumped...

ended up getting TiTanium Backup, rom manager, AnReboot, & root checker from the market, with another search it brought me back here to the sticky about rom mananger bricking our phones...
No wonder why it seemed familiar ;)

So, my questions are pointed towards how to fix this specifically?
I still don't have a NANDROID option in recovery, and haven't bricked my phone yet.

I deleted rom manager, but my recovery screen stills clockworks and the font is orange.(not blue like before)

Any sugestions, can I re-install xionia? easier method?

thanx a ton guys, been a lurker for a while, trying to get a clue!

I would suggest you install Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6 (This is a great recovery) from here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

If You dont have a blue recovery then you dont have the right one! You will need to use SDK Tools (adb shell) or a Terminal Emulator!

All the directions are in that thread! Dont be afraid to ask questions! It better than not and getting a brick!

Titanium Backup is a great app to backup just your apps, A nandroid (which is done in the recovery) backs up your entire phone! (Including roms, kernels launchers ect.) So if something was to go wrong, you could jump into recovery and do a nandroid restore and be back where you started!

09_nightrider

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I re-installed it seems to be good so far about to try n do a complete backup
can i mount my device and removed the clockworkmod folder?

rebooted in recovery and still no NANDROID of any kind in any list...what gives?
how do i do a complete backup, so i can flash other roms and revert if i screw up?

Last edited:

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I re-installed it seems to be good so far about to try n do a complete backup
can i mount my device and removed the clockworkmod folder?

rebooted in recovery and still no NANDROID of any kind in any list...what gives?
how do i do a complete backup, so i can flash other roms and revert if i screw up?

When you get into recovery, the first screen that says things like "reboot system now" and. "advanced" and other things, just go to the option that says "backup /restore" and choose the "backup" option. That is how you do a nandroid backup. It won't actually say "nandroid" in the list of options it gives you, it just says 'backup". I think this is what you're asking, if not, sorry :) Good luck!

Sent from my Optimus S CM7