Boot Loop -> Can't upload new rom

jordoo

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I am new to all of this. I am in a boot loop. It goes to the android screen then loops right there. Hope I can take you through what happened.

I downloaded GingerBreak-v1.20 and moded my Optimus S. From there, I tried multiple zips to try and have tethering go on my phone. Didn't work. In fact, after using ROM Manager and using Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, It went into endless loop.

Zips I've tried:
gingerbread_sholes-ota-eng.nickeubanks
Debug-FormatSYSTEM
update-cm-7-04282011-NIGHTLY-thunderc-Xionia-signed
ElegantSteel_BBV0.5
0.8(s)-v32kernel

I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I believe that the "NIGHTLY" one was the one that was uploaded successfully from my SD in recovery and made the endless loop.

I tried the later zips to get it back, but nothing worked. I went in and even deleted everything off my SD to try to fix it. I just want my phone back to how it was. It originally had 2.2.2 and I thought I wanted it mod'ed but I now realize I got in over my head.

I spent 5 or 6 hours last night trying to just get my phone to come back on. Now I have work all day, and I'm going on very little sleep.

I need help, please! I just need it to load ANYTHING and get past that Android screen. From there, I just plan on un-modding it through GingerBreak then doing a factory reset. I can't do this on my own and I realize that now.

Thanks in advance.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Another Rom manager brick, that's 2 so far today.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ROM Manager bricks can definitely be fixed, but it's not easy if you don't know what you're doing.

jordoo, please PM me. You will get an auto-reply but you can ignore it.

Reactions: mike9670

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Next time please, please please read the stickies and ask questions here. We can help you get rooted, recoveried and rom'd.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I hate to kick you while you're down, but both the ROM (gingerbread_sholes-ota-eng.nickeubanks) and the kernel (0.8(s)-v32kernel) you tried flashing are for the MOTOROLA Droid, not even an LG device. You can't simply just flash whatever looks cool.

Like I said, PM me and I'll help you get fixed up.

jordoo

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I hate to kick you while you're down, but both the ROM (gingerbread_sholes-ota-eng.nickeubanks) and the kernel (0.8(s)-v32kernel) you tried flashing are for the MOTOROLA Droid, not even an LG device. You can't simply just flash whatever looks cool.

Like I said, PM me and I'll help you get fixed up.
OK, doing it now. Thanks again, and I hope we can work something out here :)

colddonkey

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
so...is this where it stands? I inadvertently used rom manager for my wife's Optimus S. Now it's not even good for a boat anchor?

There HAS to be something that can be done. I can get to a blank screen that appears to have recovery screen attributes. Is it possible I can navigate as if I were on a different phone and restore my backup? Or even use adb in some way? My computer recognizes the phone is there, but I think it thinks it is in recovery mode.

Is there nothing out there for this really? I've since moved on and got my wife a different phone, but I'd like to let my kids play with this one if I can.

Anything out there guys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995