New themes for reborn &Drew's cm7 (ZVD radio)

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
OK this is my BlueChill theme for Reborn (ZVD Radio only)
Place on Root of SD Card.
Flash like any other Zip in recovery.

Last edited:

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trying UOT Kitchen to make own themes

Cool story.

:p

EDIT: The tongue face was meant as encouragement. Hope you didn't take it as an insult. Wish you luck! Wish I had the time to get into it!

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Cool story.

:p

EDIT: The tongue face was meant as encouragement. Hope you didn't take it as an insult. Wish you luck! Wish I had the time to get into it!
Edit Accepted and thank you.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

This is what I got so far. Still trying to make drop down transparent.View attachment 14611

That's looking good! Keep it up! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :D:D:D

EDIT: I thought you were on Drew's CM7, not Reborn...?
EDIT #2: You should add that pic to the first post so people can see what you have going already when they open this thread. ;)

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
MeanGreen Theme

Ok this is what I have come up with:
Rom used is Reborn Rom(thanks to Nick7)
I changed the battery gauge, Full gauge green with black numbers, as is goes down less then 74% the numbers change from black to white. when gauge gets to 49% the gauge color turns yellow, less then 24% turns orange, less then 14% turns red with red numbers.
The dropdown I changed the power buttons and symbols correlates to the symbols in status bar.
changes all of the box dividers to glowing green. Could make them any color.
This is all new and I am still in the learning stages, but once i get comfortable I will be also trying CM7 Themes as well!

View attachment 14706View attachment 14707View attachment 14708View attachment 14709

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Lookin good!! Just throwing this out there, would you like a flashable zip to fix that outline around the signal bars? Those are in a different apk file that you can't upload to the kitchen. Be happy to hook it up if you'd like.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Lookin good!! Just throwing this out there, would you like a flashable zip to fix that outline around the signal bars? Those are in a different apk file that you can't upload to the kitchen. Be happy to hook it up if you'd like.
That would be great! Thanks

brassglobos

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have trouble with the UOT kitchen. The only thing that changes is the system font. What files did you upload (Cyanbread.apk or Androidian.apk)? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm on Drew's CM7, collin tweek, and the extra internal storage. I've attached the theme I made if that helps. Any help is appreciated!

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
When asked, I offer honest feedback, not patronage:

I like:
The clean and mean green line and text theme. Sharp!
The icon for auto-rotate select. Much more clear and obvious than the ones I've seen for Reborn.

I don't care for:
The fatass black bar under the toggles. It is huge! If you keep it as is, I reserve the right to call your theme "Fat Albert"
The 'Sprint' text aspect ratio looks distorted in all the screen caps. Maybe just omit it? Branding could be cool here, given the color scheme, but might create some trademark issues.
The full on FFFFFF in the toggle bar. Maybe tone it down a notch to suit the dark, battery-considerate theme you've got going on.
The icon for GPS is a little queerball. Looks like a weird thimble with wings.

Edit: The big black bar now looks better in the latest screenie, in comparison to the first couple. It still could be thinner, but maybe I've been watching too much FTV. :D

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have trouble with the UOT kitchen. The only thing that changes is the system font. What files did you upload (Cyanbread.apk or Androidian.apk)? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm on Drew's CM7, collin tweek, and the extra internal storage. I've attached the theme I made if that helps. Any help is appreciated!

I used the Cyanbread.apk, but don't install it through recovery, but through theme chooser.
download the zip to root of sd card and then extract it there. then file the file that say app->click on that so that a install button comes up. click install. once it's down then you should be able to go to your theme chooser and it should show there.
Also on the file upload page on the left side where it says " Select flashable zip scripting" I changed that to type optimus.
where you upload files Cyanbread.apk click on CM7 theme
I also changed screen size to mdpi

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When asked, I offer honest feedback, not patronage:

I like:
The clean and mean green line and text theme. Sharp!
The icon for auto-rotate select. Much more clear and obvious than the ones I've seen for Reborn.

I don't care for:
The fatass black bar under the toggles. It is huge! If you keep it as is, I reserve the right to call your theme "Fat Albert"
The 'Sprint' text aspect ratio looks distorted in all the screen caps. Maybe just omit it? Branding could be cool here, given the color scheme, but might create some trademark issues.
The full on FFFFFF in the toggle bar. Maybe tone it down a notch to suit the dark, battery-considerate theme you've got going on.
The icon for GPS is a little queerball. Looks like a weird thimble with wings.

Edit: The big black bar now looks better in the latest screenie, in comparison to the first couple. It still could be thinner, but maybe I've been watching too much FTV. :D
You mean to something like this:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/at...ws-cm7-uot-uploadfromtaptalk1316746140200.jpg

brassglobos

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I used the Cyanbread.apk, but don't install it through recovery, but through theme chooser.
download the zip to root of sd card and then extract it there. then file the file that say app->click on that so that a install button comes up. click install. once it's down then you should be able to go to your theme chooser and it should show there.
Also on the file upload page on the left side where it says " Select flashable zip scripting" I changed that to type optimus.
where you upload files Cyanbread.apk click on CM7 theme
I also changed screen size to mdpi

I'll give another go trying these steps, I'll let you know how it turns out, thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member