Lost touch control on screen

ElvisInFlorida

Mar 22, 2024
Visit site
After dropping my S20 Ultra I lost all screen touch control. I understand it could be a broken digitizer underneath the glass but I'm hoping it may be something else with a fix. It's not worth replacing the touch digitizer for $375.

So far I have done the forced restart both into safe and normal mode. That does not fix it.

I read something about clearing a particular cash and have not yet done that.

I'm going to be connecting a mouse when the TypeCUSB adapter arrives in the mail so that I can actually operate the phone with the mouse.

I'm planning on doing a full backup to a storage device and then doing a factory reset which I have also read recommended.

I would appreciate any comments and suggestions.

I really like my S20 Ultra. It's the last year with an SD card slot which I really like. I just upgraded that to 256 GB and now this happened.

Of course the other problem is that Samsung no longer supports this phone. But I would still like to be using the phone for a while yet.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately if a Safe-Mode boot doesn't work, it's pretty likely the issue is hardware (in this case, the digitizer). It could be something as simple as 'the connector broke/popped-out' or the whole screen can be damaged (these phones have the digitizer strongly glued to the display panel, so reaaaaaaally hard to replace just one without having to replace the other, hence the expensive costs to repair).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter