Pros of updating to GB, rooting, and flashing gROM?

Keezy

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Im currently running CleanROM with Xionia recovery and overclocked at about 748mhz. I want to update to the new gROM but I dont know if it would be worth it.

What are some new additions to the update that should convince me to do it? (Increased speed, better screen response, etc.)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Everything is working just fine for me. You'll need to install the stock V9 recovery and use that to update to ZVH (you will lose root and overclocking temporarily).

I'll be 100% honest with you though, after updating to the ZVH radio I can't get ANY AND I MEAN ANY 3G data connection at all.

Keezy

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Everything is working just fine for me. You'll need to install the stock V9 recovery and use that to update to ZVH (you will lose root and overclocking temporarily).

I'll be 100% honest with you though, after updating to the ZVH radio I can't get ANY AND I MEAN ANY 3G data connection at all.

Welp. Thats a turn off. But what is so great about this new update and flashing gROM (or not) that wont allow me to stick with what I have.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Dude, that sucks! I had no issues on the other hand.

Welp. Thats a turn off. But what is so great about this new update and flashing gROM (or not) that wont allow me to stick with what I have.

I had no issues with 3G at all! gROM is running very well and I got a lot of things planned for it!

-Scott

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dude, that sucks! I had no issues on the other hand.

I had no issues with 3G at all! gROM is running very well and I got a lot of things planned for it!

-Scott

I'm thinking Sprint service is sucking major monkey nuts at the moment. I just called sprint and they told me to do a PRL and Profile update.

Well I would do that except there's NO FREAKING DATA CONNECTION FOR IT TO DODNLOAD THOSE!

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having 3G issues? Besides Drew.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

donbudafuko

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ya i have no 3g an barley 2g every once a\in awhile ill get 3g but it wont last long. iv done a prl an profile update an still no change

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
my 3g goes from all the bars to only 1 bar, then 2, then back up to all the bars ( most bars show up when my screen times out and i slide the unlock area) but its been like that ever since i flashed any CM7 roms (currently stock GB rooted )

chardog

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I dont mean to highjack this thread, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to go from my software version: LS670ZV9 to the latest gingerbread. My phone is plain vanilla android, and it's rooted. I dont have any custom recovery.

or

should I just wait till the kinds are worked out? I'm happy with my phone with the exception of app space. I definitely prefer gingerbread over froyo.

goal: vanilla gingerbread rooted for mobile hotspot.

kingdavidbaker

Jan 7, 2011
www.kingdavidbaker.com
Well if you don't know what the V9 recovery is then you probably didn't change to a custom one which means you are good to go. Find the thread on updating to ZVH....download the update.zip and put it on the root of your sd card....turn off phone....hold home vol down and power to get to recovery menu....choose apply update.zip....follow on screen instructions. Then follow the how to root link in that same thread and you should be golden.

Reactions: chardog