Does anybody know why ZVH has lots of Verizon specific files

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at a dump I had of ZVH and comparing it to ZVD.

There seems to be lots of Verizon-specific files scattered all over the place, in the framework, SMS processing, verizon cert in /etc

It seems someone messed up the packaging for this release.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
DUDE I noticed this! Several files (mainly APKs) have "vzw" in the name (presumably having something to do with Verizon Wireless).

Very strange, very strange indeed. While Verizon does have the LG Vortex (basically the Optimus One/P500) they do not have any smartphones AFAIK in the 670 lineup.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Considered that possibility, but then saw some verizon cert in /etc and thought they can't want their debug certs to be generic CDMA material.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at a dump I had of ZVH and comparing it to ZVD.

There seems to be lots of Verizon-specific files scattered all over the place, in the framework, SMS processing, verizon cert in /etc

It seems someone messed up the packaging for this release.

Its typical for newer releases. HTC does the exact same thing. In my HTC ROM's there are tons of VZW reference. Also if you go real deep and decompile the XML's you will see GSM references as well. I am sure they do this to save time.

Thus the issues (bugs) with this release

lol, nah... pretty standard process.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Its typical for newer releases. HTC does the exact same thing. In my HTC ROM's there are tons of VZW reference. Also if you go real deep and decompile the XML's you will see GSM references as well. I am sure they do this to save time.

lol, nah... pretty standard process.

Almost all programming is like this.
Each one is just standing on the shoulders of the previous versions...just like here, who ever
does it first sets the bar (and file names) and unless some starts from scratch, only changes necessary to make it work are made. fortunately or community communicates so we can follow the logic a bit and share to make a better product. The corporate community only does it
to save money.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress