Official Sprint ZVD / Froyo downgrade now available

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replys I'm new but been creepin around here for a while reading and learning before doing

Well, that's a good thing. We always say read everything first, then re-read it again. Just when you think you read it enough re-read it a couple of more times. Then ask questions. At least that shows us your doing your research first. We don't mind helping people who try to help themselves.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Having a brain fart this morning -

Do we have to flash ZVD recovery to flash this or can we flash this from ZVH/ZVJ recovery to get back to ZVD?

I went back to ZVD Stock earlier this week, rooted ZVD, and accepted the notification to update to ZVJ.. I am now being told that I have to go back to ZVD and then update to ZVJ using the automated tool and root that way (it was easier last time - I used update.zip for ZVJ last time I did this and followed the non-automated way using sfhub's thread - won't work this time)

So do we have to flash ZVD recovery? I am on ZVJ non-root and I can't get an exploit to hit on ZVJ after OTA update...

fankhanelraul

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same as Patrick, I wasn't sure since I thought the stock recoveries were all the same, but still curious.
If I were on all stock ZVJ, I would choose option B and flash the update.zip twice to get back to ZVD. The first flash would install the recovery, correct?
(I thought I would stay on zvj until I get my upgrade which isn't long from now, but zvj is just getting too dang slow...)

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering the same as Patrick, I wasn't sure since I thought the stock recoveries were all the same, but still curious.
If I were on all stock ZVJ, I would choose option B and flash the update.zip twice to get back to ZVD. The first flash would install the recovery, correct?
(I thought I would stay on zvj until I get my upgrade which isn't long from now, but zvj is just getting too dang slow...)

Nooope! I got the solution.

Just boot into STOCK STOCK STOCK STOCK LG RECOVERY and flash the ZVD update.zip...

You can revert to ZVD by flashing the ZVD update.zip on ANY stock recovery LG image.

Hope it helped!

DMardroid

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Aloha. So I am on a zvh custom rom and wanna switch to zvd to install another rom. I understand option B is for me in the op reference. But not sure which recovery I currently have. (I know noobish...)
In my current recovery up top it says: CWMT Recovery v5.0.2.7-th.1
Is it safe to flash the update.zip in this recovery?
Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
No, CWMT is not compatible. Only xionia and stock recovery will work.

You can use http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ls670zvd-zvh-100-automated-zvj-automated.html to do either. Just go with stock recovery, download the update.zip from the OP, place on the root of the sd card (not in any folder), boot to recovery and apply update.zip. Then you can root with the same tool you used to restore stock recovery.

Reactions: DMardroid

idontno

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok I asked how to root my sprint lg optimus s thats on zvj with out a computer or laptop but get this mess if it cant be done with out a comp or laptop meanig for those not so smart people making you read stuff you never asked for means not useing a cpu of any kind for any reason to root my phone so if there in no way aeound this then just say that istead of thiss lame stuff here

jaysta86

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Ima post ez instructions on zvd with qr codes drivers support tools and .apk links later today if anyone cares.. I'm beta testing stephens godzilla tonight!

kingkill136

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
i need help i dont know what im forgetting or what im missing when i try to reboot it. it bring me to the android system recovery and when i select apply sdcard:update.zip it seys it failded to open adne there is no such file or directory and then seys E:signature verification failed Installation aborted. HELP PLZ
P.S total noob on this kinda stuff.:(

You only need to connect your computer if you need to get stock recovery back.

If you already have stock recovery or you have Xionia recovery, all you need to do is put the ZVD update.zip in the first post on your phone's sdcard, then follow the instructions. If you have Xionia recovery, follow the shortcut directions. They'll basically tell you to install the ZVD update.zip twice.

that helped because i thought the "root" of the sd card would be the bottom as in the roots of a plant is on the bottom.
TY sfhub

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana