Bring reborn rom back for gingerbread

mahalojunk

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Would that be "Reborn-again" Rom (for the religious types) or "Reborn-Supremacy" ROM (for the Matt Damon types) or "ReBj?rn Again" (for the ABBA fans)???

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm just wondering if I should stick with reborn for now and wait until this wonderful secretive rom is ready to go, or update to grom. decisions, decisions....

AndroidLad

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
i like grom but i miss the features in reborn rom. please bring it back

I realize that this may seem lame, but the thing I miss most about ReBorn was the 4-button menu at the bottom that replaced the 3-button Sprint one. I really liked having my Text shortcut there :p

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I realize that this may seem lame, but the thing I miss most about ReBorn was the 4-button menu at the bottom that replaced the 3-button Sprint one. I really liked having my Text shortcut there :p

Lol that is lame, I've used like 7 different launchers since i've had my phone and I think all of them where like that just use Launcher Pro, its free!

AndroidLad

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol that is lame, I've used like 7 different launchers since i've had my phone and I think all of them where like that just use Launcher Pro, its free!

I use the Go Launcher now but it's still not the same. Is there something that would emulate the ReBorn pull-down menu's quick on/off for GPS, wifi, ect?

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I use the Go Launcher now but it's still not the same. Is there something that would emulate the ReBorn pull-down menu's quick on/off for GPS, wifi, ect?

The power control toggles being in the notification bar to my recollection are part of the framework itself and therefor it's not a matter of just installing a launcher or a simple app, this is one of the things that I can assume Drew is referring to when he says 'reborn like features' are in the works. In the meantime the only real solution for power control toggles is a widget instead of having them in the notification bar. As for GoLauncher personally I prefer it over stock and most others though I find myself getting bored with the same layout so I actually force myself to redo my home screens every once and awhile. To that end you may want to check out Zeam launcher and QQLauncher Pro. While Zeam won't get you the look you are referring to it's nice and light weight can be fun to use. QQLauncher Pro I played with a few days ago on the recommendation from our very own super moderator KSmithInNY: nice and customizeable like go launcher/launcher pro but with a few of it's own specific tweaks (I'm not sure if it's just me but it did feel like my screen was extra sensitive when running QQLauncher Pro). Anyway, good luck in finding the look you are searching for as for the power control toggles and a reborn style stock launcher I'd have to just say be patient, you def aren't the only one wanting them ;)