Regarding zvd stock rom

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
So I am running the Kraven cm7 build, (zvd radio) and I'm wondering the best way to return to stock rom. (2.2, not 2.3) Can I just flash the froyo rom? Do I need the stock recovery to do so, or does flashing the froyo update install the stock recovery automatically? I'm making the phone stock (or close) for my mom, and she wont be messing with the recovery, my only issue is whether or not the xionia recovery will effect anything on sprints side.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
CM7 can be overwhelming for lots of folks. Why not just put sROM or Reborn on it for her? She won't notice the difference, but she'll enjoy it more. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: macmccune

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
CM7 can be overwhelming for lots of folks. Why not just put sROM or Reborn on it for her? She won't notice the difference, but she'll enjoy it more. :)

I agree with you. I wanted to make sure the ROM i put on my gf's was only upgrades... so i went with Reborn + data2ext for her. the bluetooth, headphones, etc all just works. cm7... there is a lot to love, but for her, I just want it to work.

macmccune

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

My only problem is force restarts, and from my experience I usually get them from overclocking. In setcpu it benchmarks at 806, but even when I go down to 768 it occasionally restarts. I want it to be stable, but still be able to compete with the evo 4g she's switching from, and good battery life. The visual effects aren't too important. What rom kernel combo seems best for that? I usually just use the kernel that comes with the rom, so if someone could link to a kernel tutorial and some good one I'd appreciate it

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch