Optimus S - No Cell Service after CM7

doglilly1

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. New here on the forum, but I've been using the resources for a few days.
My hat's off to all those who have done all the legwork... I'll be making a donation to help support soon.

I have a question, problem.. hopefully an easy fix.
Also, if this has already been addressed somewhere, please just kindly admonish me and point me in the right direction. I searched the forum threads and couldn't find a solution.

I just installed the CM7 ROM on my LG Optimus S. Everything went fine and the phone booted up into CM7 with no problems... except... no cell service.
And when I check the following under Settings>About Phone>Status I get...

My Phone Number: Unknown
MIN: Unknown
PRL Version: Unkown
MEID: Unkown
Network: Unkown
Signal Strength: 0 dBm
Mobil Network Type: Unkown

Basically, all of the provider information and device identification information is gone.
I tried restoring back to the stock ROM and was successful and it powers back up normal and everything still works with stock ROM.

I double checked the procedure steps I followed (I used the kraven thread) and followed the steps again.
Same result... boots into CM7, no cell service.

I even tried using a different Recovery Menu option (the RA one)
Same result.

So, what I'm asking is:

1 - Is there any way to fix this with CM7 installed?
2 - or, am I out of luck and this is something Sprint has done to prevent custom ROMs on the phone?

Any input is appreciated.

:confused: < The way I feel right now...
gdog

jcwxguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Which CM7 rom are you trying? *do not use rom manager* Also, when your on stock rom, check your system info, if you are running VH baseband (2.3.3), then there is no current cm7 for vh baseband. If you really want to use cm7 from (thekraven), you must revert back to VD baseband, then reroot, then reflash cm7 following the directions

Reactions: doglilly1

doglilly1

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
(Which CM7 rom are you trying?) - I used the kraven "12.8.2011.Barebones-CM7.2-IHO-Kraven.zip"

I'm reverting back to stock ROM again to check to see if VH baseband.
How do I revert back to VD baseband? is it an option in the stock ROM?

Thanks again.
gdog

doglilly1

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I think that should get me going.
I'll update with results soon.

Just curious... Do a lot of people have this issue?
I didn't see a sticky on anything like... "no cell service after..." or anything, unless I just missed it.

Just asking. Thanks again. :)

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Usually it is only an issue if you are using a ROM, with the incorrect baseband. I'm actually running Kraven's CM7 ROM myself, it's awesome.

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If youare on ZVH, give Your MOM a try. It's really awesome. Battery life is the best of every ROM I've trie:. ThundeROM, ReBORN, CM7, gROM. HydroROM will be even more awesome from the hints of what's to come.

doglilly1

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok.
I did this as I was trying to get out the door to work this morning. In fact, I finished the last few steps getting into my truck.

Revert to ZVD (per above link from jcwxguy and thekraven) worked no problems.
Re-rooted ZVD using GingerSnap, again, no issues.
Re-loaded custom restore and reflashed custom kraven ROM (per instructions on the kraven thread) and rebooted.
YAY!!! I have CM7 and cellular service!! :D

You guys are great!
Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

rukin1

Banned
Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
You just wipe everything. Install ZVD update. and then reboot. Then Shut off and then boot into recovery and hit the update button to install the radio is the ZVD baseband will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699