Screen glitch

B00M

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I am having screen issues after flashing new ROMs. I am currently running Opti-ROM v1.1 with gingerkernel v08.1 with no issues. I get screen glitches after flashing another ROM (similar to the ones seen when using GKv05 when clocking at certain speeds).

Changing clock frequency has no effect.

Updating to the most recent GK has no effect.

I have tried this with YOURMOM (lol), gROM, and one other ROM with the same result.

I have tried wiping EVERYTHING and have tried flashing debug-formatSYSTEM.zip prior to flashing the ROM with the same result.

My phone was purchased in November of last year.

I can confirm that reflashing Opti-ROM v1.1.1 does not result in the same problem.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:

Warlord721

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
My friend has one the newer Optimus also ( <6mnths old) and he had similar screen issues as you but only when overclocking. BUT after flashing GK v08 and then v08.1 he has had no problems, and was even able to overclock again.

Although he does have lots of charging issues since ZVH. GKv8.1 helps a little but not completely.

My Optimus is one of the very first ones and I don't know if i got lucky or what but my phone overclocks like a MOFO and has really had no issues charging or otherwise except the DOUBLETAP issue after going to ZVH which was fixed for me with drew's v8 GingerKernels.

B00M

May 1, 2011
Visit site
IDK...I am tempted to say that it is a GKv06 problem, but that doesn't entirely make sense (unless the issue is related to how v08 is built from v06). Flashing a ROM with the new v08 kernel seems to have the same issue. Also, updating to v08 from v05 in Opti-ROM has no ill effect.

B00M

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I also started with a freshly formatted SD card with all of the above ROMs loaded just to eliminate anything on the old SD that might be causing an issue (please, laugh if this was funny noobery). No change.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I haven't the slightest idea why you are having problems with roms other than Opti. It really makes no sense. Just for the fun of it, why don't you reinstall your custom recovery. 99% sure it will make no difference but what the hell. Worth a shot.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If it were me, i would unroot and return to stock so you can do a ##786# reset. Then reroot, install xionia ect. That is the only thing i can think of to try.

Reactions: B00M

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
You should try returning back to V9 recovery, flash stock ZVH, then use the no-revert one click root. Of course, before flashing stock ZVH, clear the data/cache partitions in the stock recovery menu. Once you reroot, you can flash the Rom of your choice of course...

If that doesn't work, revert back to stock V9 (or the oldest stock Rom that your phone came with). Again, be sure to clear everything before flashing. After you revert to the oldest compatible version, use the ZVH update file and upgrade your phone. Then root and flash custom recovery then Rom.

That should keep you busy for a while and one of those should work out the kinks... let us know how it goes!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Depending LCD version, you may have black screen with v9 recovery. Might want to run screencast just incase

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

B00M

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess that settles it. My phone is anti yourmom. I did v9 recovery, wipe, flasheded zvd, wipe, flashed zvh, rooted, custom recovery, flashed yourmom and same result.

Super bummed

:(

B00M

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Just trying to think of more info that might lead to a solution to my problem.

The glitch is present during the android splash screen. It mostly affects the left side of the screen and the notification bar, but also affects the launcher.

Last edited:

B00M

May 1, 2011
Visit site
This is driving me f_ing crazy. I downgraded to ZVD and flashed CM7 and I am having the same issue. It is like my phone is just unwilling to accept anything but Opti-ROM (although I did use gROM before ZVH with no issues).

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Last edited:

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I would say your phone has issues, too bad you cant just tell sprint that you need a new one cause it sucks lol. Im still at a loss and so will everyone else because your issue really doesnt happen to anyone else... sounds like you got yourself an Opti-ROM Optimus S. which is nothing wrong with that... ;) I kinda did contribute to the build of that ROM as well :cool:

B00M

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I used the new opti-auto-sfx to revert to V9. Factory reset. Flashed ZVD. Booted. Did a ##786# reset. Clean as a guy can get, right?

Rooted and CWMA recovery with opti-auto again. Flashed CM7 according to the instructions in the thread. SAME PROBLEM.