Lost cell service after flashing new rom

Inserio

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
After using Drew Waltons CM mod for a while, I decided I wanted to switch to Your Mom ROM, and everything went fine. I followed all the instructions to a T and made plenty of backups, but when I loaded up the phone for the first time, there was no cell service. Everything else works fine, but there's no service.

I have just now rebooted my phone and am having the same issue. I am pretty sure I have ZVH Baseband because I remember having to downgrade to root and install Xionia and then I upgraded it back to ZVH I believe, but I don't know cause it's been forever since I've been on the stock ROM

What should I do now?

therenegadenail

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
isn't drews cm a zvd rom? and your mom is zvh, i think that was the issue here

you have to get your phone to zvh first, just check and make sure you are actually at zvh

Reactions: Inserio

Inserio

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
So I'm gonna have to do all of this?

c) [Radio: any] / [ROM: any] => rooted ZVH Radio/ROM/Recovery
In this case, we just install the ZVD update.zip in Xionia CWMA Recovery knowing there will be a Radio/ROM mismatch and data likely won't work. We don't care because we are just going to root the ROM and go back to ZVH. From Xionia CWMA Recovery, use "install zip from sdcard" and turn off "signature verfication", then use "apply sdcard:update.zip" to install the ZVD update.zip. Next use [GingerSnap] [GingerBreak] to root ZVD. After that follow the ZVH rooting steps.

**EDIT** For anyone who overlooked this easy to miss but major issue, this was the solution to the problem. I'm glad I found it with relative ease. It took me a while to do because I am very particular about doing things right, but if you're in my same boat, the link to the post I got the quote from is here. Thanks therenegadenail.

Last edited: