[ROM]MIUI GingerBread Release5 4.26.2012 ZVD

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]MIUI 2.3.7 Release4 4.14.2012 ZVD

I'm resizing a few skins for the clock. Right now I have this one working.
170418azqeadciaacicsd0.jpg.thumb.jpg

And this is how it looks on my phone. (I'm using SDK for the screenshot and the image looks broken but the skin is not;)) Will upload the zip file in a little bit along with a few other skins maybe. Files are tiny and to be put in the sdcard/MIUI/gadget/clock folder.
attachment.php

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm resizing a few skins for the clock. Right now I have this one working.
Click to view quoted image

And this is how it looks on my phone. (I'm using SDK for the screenshot and the image looks broken but the skin is not;)) Will upload the zip file in a little bit along with a few other skins maybe. Files are tiny and to be put in the sdcard/MIUI/gadget/clock folder.

Good work Carole, that would be awesome :)
A silly questions I had but never managed to ask, how do you manage to post images in large display.
I only know to attach them and see as attached images at the end of post. how'd you post the clock on top and screenshot (large one) below it?

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Good work Carole, that would be awesome :)
A silly questions I had but never managed to ask, how do you manage to post images in large display.
I only know to attach them and see as attached images at the end of post. how'd you post the clock on top and screenshot (large one) below it?

on the upload page click on the link of the image you uploaded and copy the url or just right click and copy image location and then click on the little picture frame button above the reply box (the 4th one to the right of the Youtube button) to insert an image :)

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

on the upload page click on the link of the image you uploaded and copy the url or just right click and copy image location and then click on the little picture frame button above the reply box (the 4th one to the right of the Youtube button) to insert an image :)

haaah, you have to upload image to a website and post the link? I thought there was a way to make the images attached to the post itself look bigger.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

And this is how it looks on my phone. (I'm using SDK for the screenshot and the image looks broken but the skin is not;))

Have you ever heard of Droid@Screen? I use it for all my screenshots and it seems to work quite amazingly well. Lol.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Have you ever heard of Droid@Screen? I use it for all my screenshots and it seems to work quite amazingly well. Lol.

Yeah I've been using the android screencast since I downloaded it ages ago for rooting. Haven't tried others yet. Thanks.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

So I didn't really know anything about theming but I've been trying to make everything look perfect since I installed this rom a couple of days ago and I learned how to resize the lockscreen just yesterday and today I started trying to resize the clocks. The ones I posted above were easy, just had to resize the images and edit the xml file. The flipclock wasn't that simple. I resized the images using photoshop and had the xml correct but it didn't work. Nothing was showing on the clock LOL. After I did some research I just found out how to resize the .9.png files and I got the flipclock almost working. It shows the correct time and date and it flips. Just need to change a few things and I'll have a working flipclock!:D Will post the file here once I get it right.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

So I didn't really know anything about theming but I've been trying to make everything look perfect since I installed this rom a couple of days ago and I learned how to resize the lockscreen just yesterday and today I started trying to resize the clocks. The ones I posted above were easy, just had to resize the images and edit the xml file. The flipclock wasn't that simple. I resized the images using photoshop and had the xml correct but it didn't work. Nothing was showing on the clock LOL. After I did some research I just found out how to resize the .9.png files and I got the flipclock almost working. It shows the correct time and date and it flips. Just need to change a few things and I'll have a working flipclock!:D Will post the file here once I get it right.

Yeah I heard those flipclocks were some nasty buggers. Thanks a lot for this! I've said this before, but myself and Invincible Madness really appreciate all your hard work! Since we're so busy porting the ROM and what not, we can't focus as hard on the small things such as this.

What would be REALLY awesome is if you could possibly port MIUI's Extended Settings... lol. I'd take a crack at it myself, but my Windows on my computer isn't wanting to boot so I can't load up Photoshop and I REALLY don't want to resize all the images by hand.. lol.

Just in case, MIUI Extended Settings latest build is right here: http://www.mediafire.com/?xabaiyk48hka3fj

Reactions: carole6m

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I finally did it! Resizing the 9 png files is a pain but I finally got all parts aligned. It's fully functional now! It shows the correct date and time and it flips every minute. Had to do a lot of research but it's worth it:D Can this be added in the next update?
attachment.php

Reactions: rukin5197

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I heard those flipclocks were some nasty buggers. Thanks a lot for this! I've said this before, but myself and Invincible Madness really appreciate all your hard work! Since we're so busy porting the ROM and what not, we can't focus as hard on the small things such as this.

What would be REALLY awesome is if you could possibly port MIUI's Extended Settings... lol. I'd take a crack at it myself, but my Windows on my computer isn't wanting to boot so I can't load up Photoshop and I REALLY don't want to resize all the images by hand.. lol.

Just in case, MIUI Extended Settings latest build is right here: MIUI_2.3.30_MODs_signed.zip

I'll take a look at this. Still have a lot to learn!

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I finally did it! Resizing the 9 png files is a pain but I finally got all parts aligned. It's fully functional now! It shows the correct date and time and it flips every minute. Had to do a lot of research but it's worth it:D Can this be added in the next update?

Thanks so much Carole. And of-course I will include these in the next update. :)
Carole and Jason, any ideas on fixing white on white or black on black texts?

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks so much Carole. And of-course I will include these in the next update. :)
Carole and Jason, any ideas on fixing white on white or black on black texts?

I'm still a newbie :p
I'll try to fix the 1x2 flipclock too and just send you the files along with the yellow and white clocks and maybe a few others from this thread.
Let me know which ones you like and I'll try resizing those first :)
_

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm still a newbie :p
I'll try to fix the 1x2 flipclock too and just send you the files along with the yellow and white clocks and maybe a few others from this thread.
Let me know which ones you like and I'll try resizing those first :)
_

You're doing great. If you wnat me to choose, I really like the digital one that says 23:45 5-23 SAT. :)
I think its the 24th one, LCD clock 3 2*2. That would be awesome :D