gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Probably. Even with all the awesome software hacks and tweaks the devs around these parts do, I doubt the opti's 600 mhz single core processor and 512 mb RAM could handle 60fps, and "Project Butter" would be a total joke, and even if it could run, the Opti's resolution isn't that great either. I don't mean to hate, but the optimus was launched with 2.2, which is something that was released back in 2010.

Hey val this was one of sprints top of the line phones back then :)

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Flash does work on the opti s. I using adobe flash 10.2

He means with ICS, 10.2 (and any "ARMv6 versions" of "10.3") does not work on ICS. You need the latest version of Adobe Flash for ICS support but there's no ARMv6 version of it. It's all 10.3/10.2/10.1 mixed which doesn't work at all on 4.0+.

Edit: That said, even if it's not that practical, I would love to try out Jelly Bean on the Optimus S. ICS works great :3

Last edited:

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey val this was one of sprints top of the line phones back then :)

Yeah, it really pioneered the cheap, affordable, and decent quality smartphone on Sprint. To put that in perspective, the OG Evo launched with 2.1!

But, the devices are made for being pushed, that's the smart in smartphones
The smart in smartphone is knowing how far they can go and be pushed. Isn't CM9 pushing the limit already?

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Lets not kill each other guys o.o

Lets just wait for the source to be released, when it is we can see if the S/V/M can run JB. Until then be happy with CM9 thats now just hitting a beta status. This phone is almost 4 years old, we really are pushing limits.

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My OC'd Opti S runs ICS smoothly. Not sure how much more burden Jellybean causes. But with people overclocking their Optis to give them roughly a 40% speed boost, and implenting data2ext to effectivly give them a huge RAM boost, at this point, it seems like the primary crippling factors are the lack of ICS drivers from Qualcomm (especially graphics) and the lack of Flash support for ARMv6 from Adobe.

Unfortunately, Qualcomm sells fewer chips and Sprint sells fewer 4G plans if they enable us to keep our Optis longer, so they're not motivated to help.

Last edited:

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
My OC'd Opti S runs ICS smoothly. Not sure how much more burden Jellybean causes.

Only problem with that part of it is that for whatever odd reason, not all Optimus S/V/M/T/D/C are created equally. What may be smooth sailing for one OC'd Opti S may be another Opti S's failure (when I ran CM9 on mine, I had it OC'd to the max, it ran pretty fast for a week...then it was as slow as if I had never OC'd it in the first place...)

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
He means with ICS, 10.2 (and any "ARMv6 versions" of "10.3") does not work on ICS. You need the latest version of Adobe Flash for ICS support but there's no ARMv6 version of it. It's all 10.3/10.2/10.1 mixed which doesn't work at all on 4.0+.

Edit: That said, even if it's not that practical, I would love to try out Jelly Bean on the Optimus S. ICS works great :3

Yeah. It should work. I've got a copy of Adobe Flash Player 11 for ARMv6 and it works in Joylicious.

Reactions: Shinkenred

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the APK from somewhere and I can't remember where.. What I do know is that it works on my phone and I got it from XDA (I think!)

Here is the link if you guys want it. It is Adobe Flash Player 11........... (tons of numbers after that)

Click this sentence to be thrown to MediaFire

When I posted that I meant with ICS. We just got flash support from Adobe recently, but not for ARMv6. I tried your APK, doesn't work in the Stock browser but will try Dolphin soon. The reason it works in Joylicious is because Joylicious is a GB Rom. :)

Also, can't wait for the first CM10 Alpha, I'll definitely get on the bandwagon of that port :3