Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 149
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    r0gu3dev1pr's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

    Default [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 11/4/2012)

    [BOX="Information"]
    BobZhome's CM10 Rom is built for Virgin Mobile's Optimus LG-VM670 but can be flashed on Sprint's Optimus S LG-LS670. This patch fixes the Network Name, KeyLayout and MMS. This has only been tested on BobZhome's CM10 11032012 Build, however I will validate with each build until I or someone else can create a build of our own.
    [/BOX]

    [BOX="Thanks"]
    BobZhome for developing a great rom for the Optimus community
    Nitestalkr for providing the ZVD to ZVJ/ZVJ to ZVD patches
    theKraven for documenting possibile solutions to fix MMS
    [/BOX]

    [BOX="Installation"]
    Fresh Install
    1. Boot in to Recovery
    2. Flash Rom - BobZhome's CM10 11032012 Build
    3. Flash GApps - BobZhome's Custom Smaller Gapps (recommended)
    4. Flash ZVD to ZVJ patch provided by nitestalkr only if you have the ZVJ Baseband
    5. Flash BobZhome's CM10 11032012 LS670 Patch (Attached Below)


    Existing Install
    1. Boot in to Recovery
    2. Flash BobZhome's CM10 11032012 LS670 Patch (Attached Below)


    [/BOX]

    [BOX="Download"]
    BobZhome's CM10 11032012 LS670 Patch
    [/BOX]

    [BOX="Change Log"]
    11/4/2012 - Updated for Build 11032012
    9/15/2012 - Updated for Build 09152012
    9/7/2012 - Initial Release
    [/BOX]

    [BOX="Screenshots"]

    [/BOX]
    Last edited by r0gu3dev1pr; 11-04-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    Thanked by 15:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  2. #2  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default

    Thank you so much! This is exactly what I have been waiting for!

    Is it possible to move dalvik back to /cache with a patch? The lack or room is killing me and I don't have an sd-ext

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by eletendre84; 09-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Thx broski

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    r0gu3dev1pr's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    Thank you so much! This is exactly what I have been waiting for!

    Is it possible to move dalvik back to /cache with a patch? The lack or room is killing me and I don't have an sd-ext

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    What build are you running now, 08312012? BobZhome modified his scripts to write to the cache instead of the sd-ext, unless you are running an earlier build. You can check the reloc script which is in the \system\etc\init.d directory.

    Do have anything against sd-ext? I have a 1 GB ext4 partition and I am now using a2sd++ http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1716124 It is running great. There is no optimizing popup after every boot.

    There are easy ways to create the partition just let me know if you need direction.

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default

    I will be reflashing the 8312012 yes. I have nothing against an SD ext I'm just hesitant to wipe my SD lol. Plus its only a 2 gig card. Is that OK to have an sdext partition?

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  
    BobZhome's Avatar

    Posts
    295 Posts
    ROM
    CM9/10

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    What do you change in framework? I'm guessing eri and mms, anything else?
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
    What do you change in framework? I'm guessing eri and mms, anything else?
    From what it says yup

    Sent From My Speed Demon Go Kart
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    r0gu3dev1pr's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Quote Originally Posted by BobZhome View Post
    What do you change in framework? I'm guessing eri and mms, anything else?
    I only made changes to the framework-res.apk, thunderc_keypad.kl and the build.prop.

    framework-res.apk
    Updated eri.xml (changed Virgin Mobile to Sprint)
    Updated bool.xml (changed config_mms_content_disposition_support from true to false)

    thunderc_keypad.kl
    Swapped home and menu key values

    build.prop
    Changed VM670 to LS670
    Virgin_Mobile to Sprint
    Carrier Numeric to 310120
    Last edited by r0gu3dev1pr; 09-08-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Celes Arca likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    r0gu3dev1pr's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    I will be reflashing the 8312012 yes. I have nothing against an SD ext I'm just hesitant to wipe my SD lol. Plus its only a 2 gig card. Is that OK to have an sdext partition?

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

    If you have access to a PC, you can backup your SD card, boot in to recovery create your partition then restore your SD Card. I think you can create a 512mb ext partition and it be sufficient. It really depends on how many apps you are wanting. Just to give you an idea, I have 40 apps installed and using approximately 500mb.
  10. #10  

    Default

    What do you meab keyboard layout? Or do you mean Keylayout? O_o

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    r0gu3dev1pr's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyLurkin View Post
    What do you meab keyboard layout? Or do you mean Keylayout? O_o

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    You're right. It's the keylayout. The OP has been updated. Thanks.
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    Thraeryn's Avatar
    DEVASTATOR

    Posts
    257 Posts
    ROM
    Cool As Ice alpha 14

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Did a fresh install of this ROM. MMS did not work, and apps did not install directly to sd-ext partition. Both of those are supposed to be working in the original version of this ROM, right?

    I was so very, very sad. It's a beautiful ROM otherwise, really is.
  13. #13  
    Shinkenred's Avatar

    Posts
    249 Posts
    ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    The ROM itself does run on the S; that patch link in the OP is to convert it to the V. Learned this the hard way, lol.

    Sent from a Purple LG-LS670 with CM9...the New Wolzard Phone...yes.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    r0gu3dev1pr's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    ROM
    BobzHome's CM10

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thraeryn View Post
    Did a fresh install of this ROM. MMS did not work, and apps did not install directly to sd-ext partition. Both of those are supposed to be working in the original version of this ROM, right?

    I was so very, very sad. It's a beautiful ROM otherwise, really is.
    In BobZ's Rom, he does have a script to move apps to sd-ext and dalvik-cache to the cache directory, however the MMS was not working correctly for LG-LS670 users. When you did the fresh install, did you wipe everything; boot, data, system, cache, dalvik, and sd-ext?

    Anyone else flash the patch? I welcome any feedback. Is is working or not working for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkenred View Post
    The ROM itself does run on the S; that patch link in the OP is to convert it to the V. Learned this the hard way, lol.

    Sent from a Purple LG-LS670 with CM9...the New Wolzard Phone...yes.
    Correct, the ROM iteself is built for Optimus V, but can be flashed on the Optimus S. Since its built for the Optimus V, everything is configured for the Optimus V like the Network Name, the MMS, the keylayout. The patch is to convert the BobZhome's Optimus V Rom to a Optimus S Rom.
    Shinkenred likes this.
  15. #15  
    Shinkenred's Avatar

    Posts
    249 Posts
    ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Quote Originally Posted by r0gu3dev1pr View Post
    Correct, the ROM iteself is built for Optimus V, but can be flashed on the Optimus S. Since its built for the Optimus V, everything is configured for the Optimus V like the Network Name, the MMS, the keylayout. The patch is to convert the BobZhome's Optimus V Rom to a Optimus S Rom.
    Well, what happened with me was that flashing the patch made it a V ROM. I wiped and installed just the ROM (and gapps) *without* the patch, and poof...S ROM. In Xionia, the ROM came up LS670, while the patch said VM670. Oh, well. I went back to CM9 when I saw there was just 77mb of internal space to play with. (I prefer not to risk wiping my memory card to partition it...) Just wasn't enough difference between JB & ICS to warrant it...

    Sent from a Purple LG-LS670 with CM9...the New Wolzard Phone...yes.
    Thanked by:
  16. #16  
    Thraeryn's Avatar
    DEVASTATOR

    Posts
    257 Posts
    ROM
    Cool As Ice alpha 14

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Quote Originally Posted by r0gu3dev1pr View Post
    In BobZ's Rom, he does have a script to move apps to sd-ext and dalvik-cache to the cache directory, however the MMS was not working correctly for LG-LS670 users. When you did the fresh install, did you wipe everything; boot, data, system, cache, dalvik, and sd-ext?
    I used COT's "Pre-Flash Wipe", then went and formatted sd-ext. I think that gets everything, unless it misses boot or dalvik.
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  
    cole2kb's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,975 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    The pre-flash wipe doesn't wipe boot or dalvik.
    --Chris [cole2kb]
    Thanked by 2:
    r0gu3dev1pr likes this.
  18. #18  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    I'm running this patch on Bobz 8312012 and MMS works fine. Carrier label fixed and keys switched. The only thing that I would complain about is lack of space but that is my fault for not using an ext partition

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    r0gu3dev1pr likes this.
  19. #19  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    The pre-flash wipe doesn't wipe boot or dalvik.
    Oops.... lol did not know this thx Cole for telling me

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #20  
    koeylondon's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    ROM
    DanteROM(w/Hydro)/CAI CM9

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    I'm getting a Status 7 error when trying to flash the base rom. Using COT, tried the "Pre-Flash Wipe" as well as well as Debug-FormatALL.zip. I'm looking about for a fix so I can flash successfully, but any help is appreciated. I'll grab the full verbose it it'll help, but it happened last night... at 3 am... so I'll have to flash again to get it. And I'm lazy. ;-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by koeylondon; 09-11-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Adding log
  21. #21  
    eletendre84's Avatar
    #sarcasm

    Posts
    386 Posts
    ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    The asserts don't match, as this rom was built for the vm670 not the ls670. Either use xionia (which doesnt check asserts) or, unzip the ROM, go into the updater script ( meta-inf/com/Google/android ) and remove the first line. I believe u delete up to the command "yaffs". Rezip the ROM and flash.

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Quote Originally Posted by eletendre84 View Post
    The asserts don't match, as this rom was built for the vm670 not the ls670. Either use xionia (which doesnt check asserts) or, unzip the ROM, go into the updater script ( meta-inf/com/Google/android ) and remove the first line. I believe u delete up to the command "yaffs". Rezip the ROM and flash.

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    this is what i had to do. upzip that one file, take out the first like of code (up and including the first semicolon), replace the file in the zip, then i could flash it.

    everything worked great after that and i did play with the rom a bit... but there are a few things i'll wait for the next build for (brightness fixes and proximity sensor, for example).
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    repeat post, can delete.
    Last edited by Enzomatrx; 09-12-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: repeat post
  24. #24  
    koeylondon's Avatar

    Posts
    226 Posts
    ROM
    DanteROM(w/Hydro)/CAI CM9

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Removed the assert line and am now flashing. We'll see!
    Last edited by koeylondon; 09-12-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: double click stupidity
  25. #25  
    Shinkenred's Avatar

    Posts
    249 Posts
    ROM
    CM9-Oxygen

    Default Re: [PATCH] Patch for BobZhome's CM10 (updated: 9/7/2012)

    Seems to be running well, but...
    1.) My sd-ext seems to be getting ignored entirely. It's a 1GB ext with 0 swap. (Set up on a 16GB memory card)
    2.) The ROM seems to UNMOUNT the memory card when I try to connect to a PC!! I have to reboot to recovery and use "mount USB Storage". USB Storage *is* enabled in the device, though, so this is just bizarre...

    Any ideas on what's going on?
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions