VM670ZV4 ??

grimshad

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I was reading the beginners guide to this phone because I'm trying to get rid of the "Low on stoage space" thing for a phone and it says you'll have one of 2 possible SW Versions: ZVD or ZVJ. When I go to look at this phones SW version it is nither of them. It's ZV4. What do I do with this?

grimshad

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't understand the point behind your query. Just tell us bit more about the device model and what you want to do with the device itself. That would help us in providing a better solution. I hope you understand what I mean.
For more attractive deals "Just Dial":- +1 516 515 9871

I have a virgin mobile LG Optimus S here (VM670)
In this newcomers guide to the device: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ome-basic-optimus-s-guide-newcomers-info.html
It states that the SW Version of the device in "About Phone" will either have the ending ZVD or ZVJ, but this one is VM670ZV4. So I wanted to know which roms work with ZV4. Is it the ZVD or ZVJ roms or does it need some special roms specifically for ZV4?

As far as what i'm trying to do with the device. It has the common issue "Phone Storage Space Is Getting Low" with this device. So I am attempting to follow this guide to rectify it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ry-using-link2sd-w-pros-cons-vs-data2ext.html

I was trying to use Mounts2SD and it says it's working, but the device is still having the issue and doesn't show anymore internal storage space even with the 512M of EXT4 on the SD card. So I must have done something wrong there.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a virgin mobile LG Optimus S here (VM670)
In this newcomers guide to the device: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ome-basic-optimus-s-guide-newcomers-info.html
It states that the SW Version of the device in "About Phone" will either have the ending ZVD or ZVJ, but this one is VM670ZV4. So I wanted to know which roms work with ZV4. Is it the ZVD or ZVJ roms or does it need some special roms specifically for ZV4?

As far as what i'm trying to do with the device. It has the common issue "Phone Storage Space Is Getting Low" with this device. So I am attempting to follow this guide to rectify it: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ry-using-link2sd-w-pros-cons-vs-data2ext.html

I was trying to use Mounts2SD and it says it's working, but the device is still having the issue and doesn't show anymore internal storage space even with the 512M of EXT4 on the SD card. So I must have done something wrong there.

1. Is your Optimus V rooted (the fact you have ZV4 is actually very very very good. ZV5 typically has the crappier looking screens, ZV4 units tend to have greater flexibility and can be overclocked much better)?

2. If not...I suggest you go into Optimus V forum and read AndyOpie150's thread on rooting and such.

3. If you don't like to tinker and such...go back to this forum and read up on TheKraven's Cold As Ice ICS ROM. It is fast, stable and there are even workarounds to get Google Now AND VOICE working.

grimshad

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Right now it is rooted with a CM10.1 jellybean rom. Everything runs great except it slows down really bad once it runs out of internal storage. Which is what i'm trying to fix.

So that's my problem? This is an Optimus V and not an S. Does the Cold As Ice ICS ROM have a internal storage fix built in or something? Do any ROMS for this?

Last edited:

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know for certain but I'd expect a jellybean based ROM (especially a CM10.1 ROM) to have Data2EXT capability built-in, but you may have to enable it by creating an EXT4 partition on your SD card and then maybe pointing CM10.1 to the EXT4 partition. I'd recommend that you ask this question on your ROM's thread.

grimshad

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I have no idea where the rom thread is and can't find it. I don't know if it supports Data2EXT, but I have a SD card ready to go with the partition setup correctly. I don't care about the rom really ,could you point me to another good rom that can do what I need? All I care about is having a stable rom and not having the low storage problem.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Try the SlimRom or the Bean_Whiz (SlimRom with a Galaxy S4 launcher and theme).
Don't forget to get the Virgin Fix if you are on the Virgin Mobile network. Flash the ROM first, then the Virgin Fix, then the Gapps.

The SlimRom has the sd ext script already, but you cannot use Link2SD or anything like it. The apps go directly to the sd partition, you have no choice.

The Bean_Whiz gives you that option, plus I included another version of the ROM without the sd ext script. This way you can use Link2SD and have more options as to what to do with your downloaded apps, like putting them on the sd partition, putting them in the internal storage (great for widget apps), or converting them to a system app. You can also use Link2SD to delete none needed system apps, or convert system apps to the sd partition.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo