Wanting to get into android development!!!!

TormentedChazor

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
First off if this thread is in the wrong place feel free to move it i didnt know were to put it so that current devs would see it and possibly help me get started.
im not a newb when it comes to rooting and the likes however i know almost 0 code and am currently taking time to get to know linux, its a rekindled relationship ;)
so with that said basicaly I am trying to see where to start off my adventure :D
any help would be welcome
you developers are godlike and id like to try out for the ranks of a dev.

currently my system includes
ubuntu 13.10/windows 7 (linux doesnt have alot of games yet)
phenom II x6 2.7ghz (oced to 3.6ghz)
8gb ram
currently 20tb hhd space (more hdd than i would ever need but i do have almost 600gb of movies)

i have the opti s and a samsung focus (would love to port android to the focus :D)

if any more information is needed just let me know :)
im just hoping some one can point me in the right direction all i have gotten thus far is "well just get some source code and play with it"

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Well currently there are not a lot of tru devs left for the Optimus S but there are several advanced users in the "kit Kat?" thread taking a stab at building the latest Android for the Optimus. Feel free to join us. The more heads we have on this the better

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
You'll have some reading to catch up but most of us in there are newbs to dev work. Just take your time and read through the thread. A lot of good info has been posted there

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I try to post all my mistakes and corrections so others can learn.
It's a lot to learn, so take it at your own pace. Ask Questions. I've had some members link me to some really good info as well as rip it right off the top of their heads. Good place to learn.

dradzanowski

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Probably the two best things that helped me start understanding code was getting knee deep into Linux coding until it was hurting my brain (over the summer) then I've started just opening up files in notepad++ and poking around. The coding is relatively easy to get if you know a couple of acronyms from Linux, and a couple acronyms from general ROM/baseband usage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez