Partition Option in Custom Recovery

gldnbear

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I finally got around to rooting and installing the ThundeROM 1.6 ROM. All went well. I am very happy with this. One of the reasons I installed the ROM was to get more internal memory space. I have enough space, but I figure one day I will install enough programs to be concerned about getting more space again.

I see one of the options in the Custom Recovery is to partition the SD card. I wanted to understand what this option does and how it will effect my phone. I believe this option will reformat the card to ext2. Does it allow you to set multiple partitions, so I can have one ext2 and one fat32 partition on the card. I have a 32 GB card, so I figure if I create a ext2 partition of 500 MB or 1 GB, I would have plenty of space for storing files on the fat32 partition.

After I create the ext2 partition, do I need to do anything to take advantage of this partition, or will the operating system do this for me?

Are there any issues created if the whole SD card is formatted to ext2? I had read somewhere that you can only read a SD card as a disk on a Windows computer if it is formatted as FAT32.

Thanks for any input on this question. I really appreciate all the effort people have put into modifying this phone. I have really been enjoying it, and so far I have been really impressed with the new ROM.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Don't format the whole card to ext2,3,or 4. The pphone wouldn't think you didn't have a sdcard. There is really no point at this time to partition the sdcard,apps2sd ext is completely removed from ThundeRom at this time it needed sum work to get everything to function properly. Plus neither of the recovery's can wipe the ext partition. This is being looked into so that apps2sd can be added and to get recovery to wipe that partition.When everything is fixed up and working properly then you will want to parition something along the lines of this.
ext2,3,or 4 should be 500mb-1g
swap-0mb or 32mb
the rest will remian fat32 for you phone to use.

Reactions: gldnbear

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk