[How-to] Guide to Rooting with software version LS670ZVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
/sdcard#/system/bin/chmod 777 /sdcard/rageagainstthecage
/dbin/dh:/system/bin/chmod: not found

wtf... place tell where you place the files i got them all in platform-tools in my tools folder
Where are you typing those commands?

In the adb shell?

Did you run the V8->V9 update.zip?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was able to start an ADB session, but I cannot complete the root process if I can't see to go to the market place and install SuperUser.
You can just put SuperUser.apk into /system/app by hand. You don't need market place to install it.

Reactions: gub23

G1Prawl

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Where are you typing those commands?

In the adb shell?

Did you run the V8->V9 update.zip?

yes im doing it in adb shell but i tried update zip and it didnt work... i thought it was just to update it to optimums s latest update witch i have

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
That's the point. Did you read the entire guide? It clearly states that the update.zip will produce an expected error and is used to trigger the mounting of the system partition.

G1Prawl

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
ahhh okay... sorry about that i just skipped the step because it said it would error, sory for my lack of wanting to read i just wanna get this fixed, anywho how do i get my error to be fixed then,
/sdcard#/system/bin/chmod 777 /sdcard/rageagainstthecage
/dbin/dh:/system/bin/chmod: not found

G1Prawl

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
ok
cd C:\android-sdk_r10-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools\platform-tools
adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /sdcard/rageagainstthecage
adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push busybox /sdcard/busybox
adb shell
cd /sdcard

jsonde

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I launched the LG Updater, then connected the phone via USB, then clicked the red update button on the updater. At least I can use the phone now until I figure out what to do next.

I went back to vc by using the lg updater and now i want to start over again hopefully i will have some success!

jsonde

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
hey what does it mean when i cant get into recovery mode? Ever since i updated back to vc i cant boot up into recovery mode to repeat the rooting process. Any suggestions. I get a blank screen when i do the volume up home and power button deal after the lg screen logo

athanos

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This does not seem to be working for me:

9) Run rageagainstthecage (this will disconnect and reconnect your device twice, let it sit for a minute to make sure)

Quote:
./rageagainstthecage

Here is what i get in cmd prompt. It only does it once not twice. If I continue with the process I do gain root (# symbol). However, the last step of rebooting loses root. Any suggestions?

$ ./rageagainstthecage
./rageagainstthecage
[*] CVE-2010-EASY Android local root exploit (C) 2010 by 743C

[*] checking NPROC limit ...
[+] RLIMIT_NPROC={3372, 3372}
[*] Searching for adb ...
[+] Found adb as PID 62
[*] Spawning children. Dont type anything and wait for reset!
[*]
[*] If you like what we are doing you can send us PayPal money to
[*] 7-4-3-C@web.de so we can compensate time, effort and HW costs.
[*] If you are a company and feel like you profit from our work,
[*] we also accept donations > 1000 USD!
[*]
[*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.
$
F:\android-sdk-windows\tools>

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
This does not seem to be working for me:

9) Run rageagainstthecage (this will disconnect and reconnect your device twice, let it sit for a minute to make sure)

Quote:
./rageagainstthecage

Here is what i get in cmd prompt. It only does it once not twice. If I continue with the process I do gain root (# symbol). However, the last step of rebooting loses root. Any suggestions?

$ ./rageagainstthecage
./rageagainstthecage
[*] CVE-2010-EASY Android local root exploit (C) 2010 by 743C
[*] checking NPROC limit ...
[+] RLIMIT_NPROC={3372, 3372}
[*] Searching for adb ...
[+] Found adb as PID 62
[*] Spawning children. Dont type anything and wait for reset!
[*]
[*] If you like what we are doing you can send us PayPal money to
[*] 7-4-3-C@web.de so we can compensate time, effort and HW costs.
[*] If you are a company and feel like you profit from our work,
[*] we also accept donations > 1000 USD!
[*]
[*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.
$
F:\android-sdk-windows\tools>

What do you mean "it loses root"?

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well yeah, you're supposed to install Superuser and it will allow you to gain root access.

1) After rebooting, install Superuser from the Market. This is the very last step in the guide which you apparently failed to read.
2) After installing Superuser, enter "adb shell" in a command prompt. YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE POUND SIGN YET!!!
3) Within the ADB shell, enter the "su" command. Make sure your phone screen is ON and NOT LOCKED. Superuser will prompt you to allow su permissions. Allow it.

athanos

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well yeah, you're supposed to install Superuser and it will allow you to gain root access.

1) After rebooting, install Superuser from the Market. This is the very last step in the guide which you apparently failed to read.
2) After installing Superuser, enter "adb shell" in a command prompt. YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE POUND SIGN YET!!!
3) Within the ADB shell, enter the "su" command. Make sure your phone screen is ON and NOT LOCKED. Superuser will prompt you to allow su permissions. Allow it.

yeah. did all of that too. going to try it again. i must have done something wrong, lol. i already knew this was user error since it works for others. thanks. i will report back shortly.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
hey what does it mean when i cant get into recovery mode? Ever since i updated back to vc i cant boot up into recovery mode to repeat the rooting process. Any suggestions. I get a blank screen when i do the volume up home and power button deal after the lg screen logo

It's vol down, not vol up.

Power + Vol- + Home

jsonde

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It's vol down, not vol up.

Power + Vol- + Home

Sorry thats what i meant volume down. My wife has the exact phone as i do and i check here sdcard files and her system files. I noticed a file called recovery-from boot.p. I check my system files and didnt notice that there at all. Im wondering if this is the reason i cant boot into recovery. Is there a way i can copy that file from hers and add it to my sysyems files to get recovery mode back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty